Computer Science encourages learners to: Understand and apply the fundamental principles and concepts of computer science, including abstraction, decomposition, logic, algorithms, and data representation
• Analyse problems in computational terms through practical experience of solving such problems, including designing, writing and debugging programs to do so • think creatively, innovatively, analytically, logically and critically
• Understand the components that make up digital systems, and how they communicate with one another and with other systems
• Understand the impacts of digital technology to the individual and to wider society
• Apply mathematical skills relevant to computer science.
Computers are widely used in all aspects of business, industry, government, education, leisure and the home. In this technological age, a study of computer science, and particularly how computers are used in the solution of a variety of problems, is essential to learners.
Students will study:
- Safe use of the internet and email
- Digital Literacy
- Computer Hardware
- Data Representation
- Hardware and Software.
- Digital skills in Movie, Animation, Audio and Web design
- Digital skills using Photoshop
- Impact of ICT within Society
How do I support my son?
You can support your son by encouraging him to read a range of texts, including newspapers , books and magazines, ranging from the latest technology news to computer coding.
Lordswood Boys' School • Hagley Road • Harborne • Birmingham • B17 8BJ
Tel:0121 464 2837
For paper copies of any of the information on this website please refer to our publication scheme