Ms. Manna's 5th Grade
Welcome to our class website! Please feel free to take a look around. I look forward to seeing you all at the beginning of the 2017-2018 school year. Until then, enjoy a fun and relaxing summer!
Hello Center School Families,
Weather permitting, we will hold our annual Halloween Parade on Tuesday, October 31st at 2:00 pm. The students and staff will parade around the town green. Our parade is open to be viewed by all family members, so please come join the fun!
Here’s a few guidelines for the day:
- Please use discretion when helping your child choose age and school appropriate costumes.
- It is best if a simple version of the costume is worn, i.e., not a lot of make up or pieces that would be difficult for your child to put on independently.
- Costume props that are replicas of weapons (swords, knives, guns, etc.) are not permissible.
- Costumes must not be too scary. Scary masks and/or gruesome costumes are not permissible.
- If a mask is worn, please make sure your child can walk independently and safely.
- You must check with your child’s teacher before any treats are sent with your child to school. Individual teachers will provide additional details of activities for the day.
Halloween is a day when we celebrate "imagination" with our students. Thank - you for helping us ensure a day filled with creativity and fun!
If religious, cultural, or personal beliefs do not allow your child's participation, they are not required to join the costume parade. We will provide a place for non-participants to stay during that time.
Have you signed up for the Halloween Hustle yet? There’s still time to get your walking or running shoes ready and support our PTO at our annual fall event!
Donna Hutton, Principal
This year in our class, we will be talking a lot about the GROWTH MINDSET. To get you ready, I invite you to watch this short video reminding you that YOU CAN LEARN ANYTHING!