Working with others to achieve a common goal.
- Exchanges Ideas
- Shares Responsibility
- Students working together in groups interdependently
- Rich tasks that require collaboration, tasks have depth
- Every student gives input
- Manager facilitates the process
- Building skills
- Randomizer to assign groups
- Assign meaningful roles
- Vertical learning
- Anecdotal notes
- One common writing surface for the group
- Rich tasks-open ended, multiple solutions
First graders work together to sort recyclables.
First graders sell bubble gum as part of their PBL for math, social studies, and writing.
Algebra 2 students work together to make candles based on polynomial models.
Precalculus and Math for Business students collaborate to create carnival games.
First grade students collaborate to decide how to pick up trash in their school.
Students discuss and research news, write teleprompt scripts, and post to social media.
Students share design ideas to construct a house of cards.
Students evaluate and formulate ways to positively impact school culture. They create a plan to empower other students through a leadership training program for elementary students.
Students collaborate to create towers that will withstand the "shake-table."
Geometry gallery walk
Students work together to solve questions relating to the Geometry standards.
Cheerleaders collaborate to perform a routine at a district competition.