Austin Community College offers Certificates and Associates Degrees
Checklist of Graduating Seniors
Austin Community College Checklist
1) Apply online at www.applytexas.org or www.austincc.edu Do this first. Approximately 24 hours after completing the application, activate ACCeID and ACCmail.
2) For graduating senior students who intend to go to college at ACC, complete the Residency Form; print and complete. (Dual Credit students are not currently required to complete a Residency Form).
3) You must complete the online Pre-Assessment power point for TSI testing at: www.austincc.edu/tsiprep (You may be required to show test administrators the email that confirms completion of the pre-assessment). Please note that there are TSI practice/review links on the pre-assessment power point.
4) Testing - In order to take college level courses, you must meet TSI (Texas Success Initiative) criteria. You may check for exemption from testing with scores on your SAT or ACT tests. There is a $29 fee for the TSI test ($10 to retest any single section). Contact any ACC Assessment Center for more information, or to schedule for required testing. There are 3 sections: Reading, Writing and Math. For almost any college credit course, you must pass both the Reading and Writing portions. For a math-based course, you must also pass the Math portion.
5) Official Transcript - must have an official high school transcript for high school students; must have a college transcript for current college or transfer students. Have your most recent official transcript in a sealed envelope.
6) TSI Test exemption - SAT scores before March 2016 (1070 Combined Critical Reading and Math, with 500 in Critical Reading and 500 in Math) SAT after March 2016 480 on Evidenced-Based Reading and Writing (for both TSI Reading and TSI Writing) and 530 Math (for TSI Math) or ACT scores (Composite 23, with 19 in English and 19 in Math) if you will be using those as exemption from testing.
7) When testing, have a photo ID; it can be a school ID, driver's license, etc.
8) Meningitis immunization - you must submit proof of current immunization. Vaccinations are good for five years, then you are required to take a booster.
9) Area of Study Information Session - before you can register for classes, you will need to schedule and attend an "Area of Study Information Session". Register on the ACC website. Be sure to have all required paperwork and a copy of your high school transcript with you when you attend.
10) Register for ACC classes. See Self-Service Planning Instructions and Planning Tips & Tricks below. Students may also choose to take ACC courses during the summer.
ACC Dual Credit
If you complete Austin Community College (ACC) Admissions requirements, you may take courses during the summer before your junior year. You are not limited to what we offer on the Lockhart High School campus. Passing the Reading and Writing portions of your ACC entrance test (the TSI test) will meet the prerequisite requirements for dual credit courses. Currently, you can take ACC courses tuition free on campus as a Dual Credit student. The classes currently offered during the school day are listed for the junior and senior school years. ACC does limit the total number of tuition-free courses to 12 courses per student. Learn more at: www.austincc.edu/dual
The Texas Common Course Numbering System (TCCNS) is a voluntary, co-operative effort among 137 Texas community colleges and universities to facilitate transfer of freshman and sophomore level general academic coursework.