College-bound student-athletes preparing to enroll in a Division I or Division II school need to register with the NCAA Eligibility Center to ensure they have met amateurism standards and are academically prepared for college coursework.
- Beginning August 1, 2016, you must earn at least a 2.300 GPA in NCAA core courses to be eligible to compete in your first year of college.
- To get a scholarship and practice, you must earn at least a 2.000 GPA in NCAA core courses.
- For a complete list of your high school’s NCAA core courses, visit www.eligibilitycenter.org.
DIVISION I CORE COURSE REQUIREMENTS
- 4 years of English.
- 3 years of mathematics (Algebra I or higher).
- 2 years of natural/physical science (1 year of lab if offered by high school).
- 1 year of additional English, mathematics or natural/physical science.
- 2 years of social science.
- 4 years of additional courses (from any area above, foreign language or comparative religion/philosophy).
Registration Checklist Take your first step to becoming an NCAA student-athlete at eligibilitycenter.org.
Initial Eligibility Brochure includes Academic Requirements, Core Courses for Division I & Division II , GPA information
2.3 or Take a Knee
Athletic Scholarships Available at:
- NCAA Scholarships and Grants <-- Click the link
- Foot Locker Scholar Athletes $20,000 Scholarship Open to Senior Athletes -scholarship money for their excellence in school, on their sports teams, and in their communities. Deadline DECEMBER 14, 2018 Application closes at 5pm EST.
Community College Scholarship Must attend a public community, junior or city college. Deadline September 29, 2018
Click the Link for general scholarship information LHS Scholarships