LLC Policy and Proceedures
Hours of Operation
Monday - 8:15 AM - 3:00 PM
Tuesday through Thursday - 7:15 AM - 3:00 PM
Friday - 7:30 AM - 2:15 PM, excluding break
The LLC is available at break and lunch during the school day, however, no food or drinks are allowed.
Before and after school, the LLC is a quiet place for reading, independent study and research. On a rare occasion the library may be closed after school. The library will be closed after school on all minimum days and before school on Late Start Mondays. Other library closures will be posted on the Paulding Calendar.
- Students may check out 3 items at a time.
- Standard Items are checked out for 3 weeks (15 library days). Library days do not include any “Non-School Days”
- In order to check out materials, student must present the book(s) along with their Paulding ID Card at the circulation desk.
- Due dates will be stamped on the DATE DUE slip, located in the front cover of the book.
Returns & Renewals:
- Students may return borrowed items at anytime, on/or before the original due date, without penalty.
- The item must be physically scanned, by library personnel, in order to renew.
- Renewals are unlimited, as long as there is not a current hold on the item.
- Students may place library materials on hold by requesting the hold at the circulation desk.
- Holds, for a particular item, will be filled in the order that they were placed.
- Each checked out item will be accessed a .10 cents per day fine, when past due.
- All fines must be paid before a student will be allowed to check out another book.
- In an effort to produce responsible citizens, fine policies will be strictly adhered to.
- Students with unpaid fines will not be eligible for the “Green and Gold” club.
- Students with unpaid fines will be ineligible to buy a dance ticket.
- Students may make arrangements, with the Library personnel, to work off the fines.
- 8th graders with unresolved library business, will have their fines sent to the corresponding High School. The high school may suspend library privileges to those students with delinquent accounts.
Library Patron’s Accountability and Expectations:
- As a courtesy, Advisory teachers will periodically be emailed a list of student transactions. However, it is not the Advisory teacher’s responsibility to inform student of late books. Parent may request to receive past due notifications by email.
- If a student believes that a book has been lost or stolen, they should notify the Library Media Technician immediately. This will stop any further late fees from being assessed.
- Students will work independently and collaboratively at a noise level that is not disruptive to others.
- Students should not move tables and chairs around without asking permission to do so.
- Backpacks should be stored underneath the tables or on the back of the chairs, so they do not create a tripping hazard.
- Paulding students are ethical researchers; always giving credit for information in the form of a valid citation.
- Paulding Students are responsible for always following the LMUSD acceptable use policy and never using the computers for anything other than academic purposes.
- Paulding students are to ask before taking a chromebook out of the case and should make sure to plug it in, back where you found it.
If you have questions about anything in this document, please ask Mrs. Pavlich.
The Paulding LLC has a Black and White laser printer that students may print from. Documents to be printed must be share with Mrs. Pavlich and she will print them.
Printer use is intended for academic purposes only.