Murray Avenue School Bands
Dear MA Band Students:
I miss you! I hope you and your families are well. As we begin the LMLearns! on March 30th, please go to our Google Classroom page to view and complete the assignments on your assigned day:
All of 6th Grade is Day B
7th Grade ACE pd 2 is now only Day A
7th Grade BDF pd 2 is now only Day B
7th Grade ACE pd 7 is now only Day C
7th Grade BDF pd 7 is now only Day D
8th Grade ACE pd 1 is now only Day A
8th Grade BDF pd 1 is now only Day B
8th Grade ACE pd 6 is now only Day C
Doublers and triplers will be expected to split their 55 minutes between ensembles, so all assignments must be completed.
I will be available to answer your questions by email during my Office Hours: Monday-Friday, 9-10 AM. If you send emails outside of office hours, please give me 24 hours to respond.
Thanks to the generosity of SmartMusic, they are providing FREE access to our school and students during the Covid-19 school closing, until June 30th! We will be using SmartMusic to guide your practice and submit playing assignments. As of April 1st, you must join the Murray Avenue Band SmartMusic module. Create a SmartMusic account using your school email and join the class by following these directions:
1. Open a Chrome browser and visit: https://admin.smartmusic.com/join
2. Use your school email address to create an account.
3. When prompted for a class code, please enter the code for your specific grade level:
- 8th Grade: CEGZU-E2Y7A
- 7th Grade: LRF7A-XKL2M
- 6th Grade: HTLZP-6E4XV
** You will not receive the verification email due to the LMTSD firewall. It is ok!!! SmartMusic will wait for me to approve you as a student. I'm not on my computer all day long, so this process may take until the next school day. Please be patient and refrain from emailing me about this until you have given it a good 24 hours.**
Please view the Youtube video below created by a music teacher colleague of mine that can help with getting started.
Thank you, and I look forward to helping you improve your practice with SmartMusic!
For ENRICHMENT opportunities:
- Sousa's March Mania: https://www.marineband.marines.mil/Unit-Home/Sousas-March-Mania/ to continue our daily class voting! Each year “The President’s Own” hosts “Sousa’s March Mania,” a competition in which students and fans around the globe rally behind their favorite marches as they advance through a series of match-ups and onto the championship game!
- Sightreading Factory: www.sightreadingfactory.com
Sight Reading Factory makes practicing the important skill of sight reading quick, easy, effective and fun! This website or free app composes music instantly and on-demand, providing musicians with a virtually unlimited supply of sight reading material.
- Ningenius: www.ningenius.net
The NinGenius Music app is available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire on phones, tablets, and chromebooks. Learn ALL the essentials of music theory and quickly master note reading, fingerings, rhythm and theory! The lite version is free and more levels cost $2.99.
- Musescore Composition Software https://musescore.org/en
Create, play back and print sheet music with free and easy to use music notation software MuseScore. Compose a new song, transcribe one of your favorites, write out a solo (jazz students especially)
- Musescore Sheet Music Resource https://musescore.com/
Explore, download, and print free sheet music for your instrument on the world's largest community of sheet music creators.
- Sampulator http://sampulator.com/
Sampulator is a garageband style sequencer for your browser that is particularly made for that music lover who wants to make their own beats.
- Chrome Music Lab https://musiclab.chromeexperiments.com/Technology
Chrome Music Lab is an experimental music creation website made by Google. The site features a series of applications that allow users to learn about and play with sound, rhythm, melody, composition and more
- Incredibox https://www.incredibox.com/
Incredibox is a music app that lets you create your own music with the help of a merry crew of beatboxers.Choose your musical style among 7 impressive atmospheres and start to lay down, record and share your mix.
- Music Teacher Games http://musicteachersgames.com/
Play Lines and Spaces-> treble or bass clef game. If it's too easy, try the 'avanced' treble or bass clef game lower on the drop down list.
Play Rhythm -> Note Values, Correct the Rhythm, or Rhythms Game 1.
Questions? Please contact Ms. Michelle Lillie-Beck, Director of Bands (Grades 6-8)
215-938-0230 ex. 3215