8th Grade Science
Welcome to 8th Grade Science! I'm excited to dive into learning new things about the world around us! Here's a little bit about what we'll be doing this year.
- Units of Study
- The Nature of Science - The Scientific Method
- Life Science - Reproduction, Heredity, & Evolution
- Cell Reproduction, Human Reproduction (including the endocrine system), Plant Reproduction, Genetics (Mendelian genetics, Punnett squares, Pedigrees), Evolution (Darwin's studies, Natural Selection, Adaptations)
- Physical Science - Energy and Matter
- Movement of energy, Electromagnetic spectrum
- Earth Science - The Earth, Moon, and Sun System
- Rotation and Revolution of the Earth, Revolution of the Moon, Other planets in our galaxy
- Environmental Science - Humans in their Environment
- Renewable and nonrenewable resources, Alternative energy sources, Changes in the environment
- Students will use Environmental Science as their theme for the June Science Fair. More information to come in February/March.
- NYS 8th Grade Science Exam
- The Science Performance Exam will be administered between May 23 - June 1.
- The Science Written Exam will be on June 4.