The Lincoln High School Band is one of the performing ensemble on the Lincoln campus
The Lincoln Marching Band has just finished another exciting season and has given its all in providing showcase entertainment for our greatest fans. You can be proud of our high school band, a participant of multiple marching contests and the ASBOA Region VII Marching Assessment.
To execute a successful halftime performance each member must focus on many things at once. Marching band is a true testimony of the mental agility of a high school student. Support them with your applause and cheers. Listen for soloists and applaud whenever appropriate, keep your eyes on the drill and watch for all kinds of innovative marching maneuvers.
Next year's halftime show is already in the works. Many details about music, marching, and general effect are being discussed as we speak! Stay tuned for updates about the theme.
The Lincoln Marching Band begins preschool band rehearsals two weeks before school starts. Throughout the season, the Lincoln Band practices from 3:30 - 4:45 on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons.
The Lincoln Band will perform at all Senior High football games, multiple invitational marching contests, the ASBOA Region 7 Marching Band Assessment, the Lincoln Apple Festival and homecoming parades, and a select number of on campus pep rallies throughout the marching season.
In the winter, the Marching Band transforms to the Concert Band. To keep things interesting, the band also serves as a pep band at a select number of on campus high school basketball games during January and February.
The Lincoln band program exists to serve the following purposes:
- To provide the finest possible musical experience for all involved in the Lincoln band program
- To act as the official musical ambassadors for Lincoln School, and the city of Lincoln
- To present quality entertainment to audiences at football games, basketball games, and marching contests.
- To Perform musically sound wind band literature, allowing our musicians to develop an enjoyment and lifelong love for music
- To act as a catalyst for overall school spirit in support of our football and basketball teams and as examples to other students by being involved in various activities, clubs, and leadership positions throughout the campus.
- To provide a solid training ground for all band students, particularly those who plan to continue their music making at the college or university level.