Clubs are 1 to 2 hour long activities that run with the same group of students for multiple sessions during the school year. These sessions tend to be once a week or once a month for 7 to 10 sessions. All clubs are offered for various grade levels dependant on the interest of the location.
- Life Skills: Critical Thinking, Problem solving, and Teamwork
This club will offer hands-on activities in various STEM topics from Biology/ Living things to Programming as well as engineering design challenges and math/ logic puzzles.
- Life Skills: Mindfulness, Teamwork, and Confidence
This club works to empower young women to realize their potential and to discuss their presence in STEM fields. This is designed for anyone who identifies as a girl and who wants to come together with other girls to discuss ways that they can make a difference.
- Life Skills: Leadership, Teamwork, and Creative Thinking
This club will focus on the environment and our role in it. Activities will be hands-on and teach about various effects of global warming, environmental engineering, biology, and how as a group we can make a positive change in the community. This club will involve an action plan that group members will work towards even outside of club hours.
- Life Skills: Problem Solving, Creative Thinking, and Communication
In partnership with Robot in a Can (www.robotinacan.com), we will explore the world of robotics and programming in order to complete various tasks while discussing the role that robots have in society.
King George Public School - Guelph
All clubs run every Saturday within the range of dates mentioned.
January 13th to March 3rd (not including family day weekend)
- 2:00 - 2:55 pm: STEM Team Grades 4-7 ($70/ student for 7 sessions)
- 3:00 - 4:00 pm: Environment Supporters Grades 4-7 ($70/ student for 7 sessions)
April 7th to May 26th (not including May 19th of the long weekend)
- 2:00 - 2:55 pm: STEM Team Grades 2-4 ($70/ student for 7 sessions)
- 3:00 - 4:30 pm (or starting at 2pm - volunteer during session for younger group): STEM Empowerment for Girls Grades 5-8 ($85/ student for 7 sessions)
Register here or click image below
Even if your child did not make the main list because the program was at capacity, note that all instructors will maintain an additional waiting list of 5 kids. If there are any late cancellations, you will be contacted.
Registration is ongoing until programs fill. We will confirm your child’s spot(s) as promptly as we can. As soon as programs are full, an announcement will be made at https://www.facebook.com/ SGPNG/