Youth Red Cross
At LICET, we always strive "To form responsible engineers, who would engineer a just society". This is aptly done by inculcating values (ethical) and being empathetic towards others.
Through Youth Red Cross, the students are moulded as engineers with humane dispositions which leads to the betterment of the society.
Be a Youth Red Cross Volunteer
Through Youth Red Cross , whose parent institution is Indian Red Cross Society (IRCS) , young volunteers make a significant change towards enhancing the Quality of life of people, nurturing nature and making earth a better place.
Motto of YRC
Three Principles of Youth Red Cross :
• Protection of life – Health.
• Service to the sick and suffering – Service.
• Promotion of National and International friendship to develop mental and moral capacity of the Youth - Friendship
Objectives of YRC at LICET
Adhering to Seven Fundamental Principles of Red Cross
ProgramMEs and activities
Going in line with the action plan of the Indian Red Cross Society, youth are encouraged to work towards achieving the following objectives.
1. Promoting humanitarian principles and values
2. Disaster response
3. Disaster preparedness
4. Health and Care in the Community.
Key Learning and Takeaways
To discover opportunities for self-awareness, and to develop leadership and organisational skills in the course of meeting new people.
Be a part of inter-state and inter- district camps to create a friendly environment for interaction and cultural exchange. The camp allows youth to share their Red Cross experiences and learn many activities.
Community Awareness programme
Road Safety and awareness
Health checkup and awareness
Come, Join and make a difference
- Programme Officer
- YRC Student Volunteers (Office Bearers)
- Principal: Chairman
- YRC Programme Officer: Vice-Chairman
- One Staff member having interest in social work: Member
- YRC Students
- President: Student Member
- Secretary: Student Member
- Treasurer: Student Member