Mrs. Lindley's Class
Welcome to 4th Grade Math & Science!
1st Six Weeks Learning Targets
(August 15 - September 21)
Unit 1: Place Value and Addition and Subtraction of Whole Numbers
- Compare whole numbers using comparison symbols
- Order whole numbers from least to greatest and greatest to least
- Identify the value of a digit in a given number in numerals
- Represent the value of a digit in a given number in expanded form
- Represent the value of a digit in a given number in expanded notation
- Adding whole numbers using the algorithm
- Subtraction whole numbers using the algorithm
- Round whole numbers to a given place value
- Interpret the value of the place to the left or right of a digit
- Round using compatible numbers to estimate addition and subtraction of whole numbers
Unit 2: Place Value and Addition and Subtraction of Decimals
- Represent decimals using base ten blocks and money
- Identify a given decimal on a number line
- Compare decimals using the greater than less than symbols
- Order decimals from least to greatest and greatest to least
- Identify a decimal when given the fraction and a fraction when given the decimal
- Represent the value of a decimal using expanded notation and numerals
- Add and Subtract decimals to the hundredths place using the algorithm
Unit 1: I Am a Scientist
- I will demonstrate safe use of science equipment.
Unit 2: Classifying Matter and Mixtures
- Measure size, mass, volume, states, temperature, magnetism, and ability to sink or float of various objects.
- Predict how liquid water would change when heated or cooled.
- Compare and contrast physical properties of different types of matter.
- Compare and contrast a variety of mixtures and solutions.