LHJH Library Resources
The resources listed above and all of the Gale Resources require a login. Please see your teacher or librarian for login information.
- Academic OneFile - Connect students to the information they're looking for with tools that make discovery fast and easy. This premier periodical resource provides millions of articles from over 17,000 scholarly journals and other authoritative sources.
- Educator's Reference Complete - Provides periodical and journal articles on multiple levels of education from preschool to college, and every educational specialty—such as technology, bilingual education, health education, testing, administration and more.
- Gale Virtual Reference Library -
- General OneFile - Our largest general-interest periodical resource allows users to find the information they want quickly, with intuitive searching that ensures they tap into quality sources.
- GREENR (Global Reference on the Environment, Economy & Natural Resources) - an electronic resource that focuses on the study of sustainability and the environment. Topics include global warming, food safety, access to health care, and the impact of economic development on international relations.
- Health & Wellness Resource Center - offering 24/7 access to thousands of full-text medical journals, periodicals, reference works, multimedia, and much more. Perfect for researchers at all levels, this comprehensive consumer health resource provides authoritative information on the full range of health-related issues, from current disease and disorder information to in-depth coverage of alternative medical practices.
- Informe Académico - Provides access to a wide range of full-text Spanish- and Portuguese-language scholarly journals and magazines both from and about Latin America.
- Infotrac Newsstand - Provides access to more than 2,300 major U.S. regional, national, and local newspapers, as well as leading titles from around the world. It also includes thousands of images, radio, and TV broadcasts and transcripts.
- Kids InfoBits - Provides authoritative, age-appropriate, curriculum-aligned digital content covering a broad range of educational topics including Animals, Arts, Geography Literature, Social Studies, Technology, and more. With a modern design and simple navigation, Kids InfoBits makes it easy for young users to explore content and gain comfort with database searching.
- LitFinder - covers world literature and authors throughout history, and contains a wealth of literary works and secondary-source materials, including over 150,000 full-text poems and more than 800,000 poetry citations, as well as short stories, speeches, and plays.
- Literary Sources
- Literature Resource Center - a research-focused literary destination, providing students, academics and researchers authoritative and relevant results on demand.
- National Geographic Kids - includes the complete run of the magazine from 2009 to the present and provides authoritative, age-appropriate digital content suitable for younger students in subjects like English Language Arts, social studies, and science.
- Opposing Viewpoints in Context - Database designed to support science, social studies, current events, and language arts presents each side of important issues and empowers learners to develop information literacy and critical thinking skills.
- Research in Context - Created specifically for middle schoolers, this database combines reference content with age-appropriate videos, newspapers, magazines, primary sources, and much more.
- Student Resources in Context - Resource for papers, projects, and presentations that empowers the development of critical thinking and problem solving skills with content aligned to national and state curriculum standards.
- Science in Context - Database designed to support science studies by providing contextual information on hundreds of today's most significant science topics and showcase scientific disciplines that relate to real-world issues.
- Twayne's Authors Series - offers in-depth introductions to the lives and works of writers, the history and influence of literary movements and to the development of literary genres.
- American Indians Histories & Cultures - Explore manuscripts, artwork and rare printed books dating from the earliest contact with European settlers right up to photographs and newspapers from the mid-twentieth century. Browse through a wide range of rare and original documents from treaties, speeches and diaries, to historic maps and travel journals.
- American West - From early topographical sketches and pioneers’ accounts, to photographs of Buffalo Bill and his ‘Wild West’ stars, explore the fact and the fiction of westward expansion in America from the early eighteenth to the mid-twentieth century. Browse a wide range of rare and original documents including printed books, journals, historic maps, broadsides, periodicals, advertisements, photographs, artwork and more.
- Dogo News - has short format articles for kids on current events, science, sports and more plus lots of pictures, videos and an interactive map!
- Dogo Books - Read book reviews written by kids for thousands of kids books. Follow reviewers, track the books you like, rate books, write your own book review, and more!
- Dictionary.com - the world's leading digital dictionary.
- EasyBib - an online tool that helps you create citations in MLA, APA and Chicago/Turabian styles. With EasyBib you can create a works cited list and parenthetical (in-text) citations.
- Liberty Hill Public Library
- Purdue MLA Formatting - MLA (Modern Language Association) style is most commonly used to write papers and cite sources within the liberal arts and humanities. This resource contains a sample MLA paper...
- Thesaurus.com - the world's largest and most trusted free online thesaurus.