Liberty Hill ISD Volunteers
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Liberty Hill Independent School District, here at Liberty Hill we embrace and encourage parent/community involvement.
Click HERE to access the Volunteer Application
Each campus offers different opportunities for volunteers. Some examples include:
- Assisting in the front office
- Working with Designated Students in the Classroom
- Providing Additional Opportunities and Support such as recreation, enrichment, and tutoring
- Helping Enhance a Positive Climate Throughout the School – including"chores" such as assisting with supervision, contributing to campus "beautification," and helping to get materials ready
Other ways to get involved:
- Participating in campus organizations
- Serving as a parent representative on a district level or campus level planning committee and assisting in the development of educational goals and plans to improve student achievement
- Serving on the School Health Advisory Council (SHAC), assisting the district in ensuring local community values are reflected in health education instruction
- Attending board meetings to learn more about district operations
For campus specific volunteer opportunities, please visit the campus website or give the campus a call.
Several of our campuses have a PTO (Parent/Teacher Organization) where our parents and community can get involved. Please click on the campus PTO website for more information.
WATCH D.O.G.S. is one of the nation’s largest and most respected school-based, family, and community engagement, organizations in the country. Who are Watch DOGS? Fathers, grandfathers, step-fathers, uncles, and other father figures who volunteer to serve at least one day a year in a variety of school activities as assigned by the school principal or other administrator.
A few years ago, the church community asked city leaders what we could do to make a lasting impact in our city. The answer was simple: help them fight illiteracy and school dropout rates. Consider investing just 30 minutes a week in a school near you, and bless the life of a child.
Please see the official website to learn more.
Volunteers must pass a criminal history background check in order to ensure the safety of our students. Liberty Hill Independent School District is authorized by state law to obtain criminal history record information on individuals who intend to serve as volunteers for the district (Texas Education Code 22.083). Your personal information, as well as your criminal history record results, are strictly confidential. The background check is conducted through the Liberty Hill Independent School District Administration Office.