December 8th - 16th
Saturday - 12/8/18
- Theatre District: All Day @ North Port High School
- Health Park Tree Lighting Ceremony Orchestra: All Day @ TBD
- Oma's Heart Toy Drive: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm @ NFMHS Gym
- Wrestling Battle of the Gate (Away): 8:30 am - 1:30 pm @ Golden Gate High School
Sunday - 12/9/18
- Messiah Concert: 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm @ NFMHS Auditorium
Monday - 12/10/18
- National Honors Society Induction Ceremony: 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm @ NFMHS Auditorium
Tuesday - 12\11\18
- Horth Ft. Myers High School Red Carpet Knight (Choice Open House): 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
- Girls Basketball vs Charlotte (Away): 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm @ Charlotte High School
- Wrestling JV Quad: 5:00 pm - 10:30 pm @ Riverdale High School
- Girls Basketball vs. South Ft. Myers (Home): 5:30 pm -7:00 pm @ NFMHS Gym
- Boys Basketball vs. South Ft. Myers (Home): 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm @ NFMHS Gym
- Girls Soccer vs. Mariner (Home): 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm @ NFMHS Moody Field
- Boys Soccer vs. Mariner (Away): 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm @ Mariner High School
Thursday - 12/13/18
- Orchestra Concert: 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm @ NFMHS Auditorium
- Class of 2019 Movie on the Lawn: 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm @ NFMHS Courtyard
Friday - 12/14/18
- Wrestling Captain Archer JV Tournament (Away): 11:00 am - 5: 00 pm @ Charlotte High School
- Orchestra Holiday Party: 1:30 pm - 6:00 pm @ NFMHS Cafeteria
- Band Concert: 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm @ NFMHS Courtyard / Auditorium
- Boys Soccer vs. Cape Coral (Home): 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm @ NFMHS Moody Field
- Girls Soccer vs. Cape Coral (Away): 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm @ Cape Coral High School
- Boys Basketball vs. Island Coast (Home): 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm @ NFMHS Gym
- Girls Basketball vs. Island Coast (Away): 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm @ Island Coast High School
Saturday - 12/15/18
- Sable Springs Parade: All Day @ TBD
- Wrestling Captain Archer Tournament (Away): 8:00 am - 1:00 pm @ Charlotte High School
Sunday - 12/16/18
Sunday Fun Day
Academic and Testing Calendar
North High family, Many of our students are in need of graphing calculators and are unable to afford them. If you happen to have one that you could spare and/or don’t use. Please consider donating it to a North High student. Please contact Mr. McKeever if you have any questions
- Be sure you are checking out our scholarship newsletter, updated monthly. You can find it here: https://nfm.leeschools.net/our_students/collegeandcareer
Foot Locker Scholarship
- The Foot Locker Scholar Athletes program awards $20,000 to 20 high school, college-bound seniors across the nation for being exemplary leaders on their sports teams, in their classrooms, and in their communities. The college scholarship, sponsored by the Foot Locker Foundation, is intended to help phenomenal student-athletes pursue their dreams of attending and excelling at a Four-year college/university. Applications are due on December 14, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. EST For more information, go to: https://footlockerscholarathletes.com/
Bright Futures Scholarship General Reminder
- Please be aware for the bright futures scholarship; one component has volunteer hours. You must have these volunteer hours pre-approved by your alpha counselor and have the appropriate paperwork filled out for them to count towards Bright Futures. Further, ALL volunteer hours MUST be completed by your graduation date. Bright Futures application opened October 1st! Be sure to apply ASAP at the following link: https://www.floridastudentfinancialaidsg.org/SAPHome/SAPHome?url=home
Boston Red Sox Scholarship
- $5,000 - Senior student must be legal resident of Lee County, Must plan to attend a 2 year or 4 year degree program, Recipients will be chosen based off of academic performance, demonstrated community service, and eligibility for financial aid, B or above average and community service are key considerations. Attached is application and guidelines. (Attachment 1) & (Attachment 2)
- The Free Application for Federal Student Aid opened October 1st. Apply here: https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa . This is required for students furthering their education after high school. Priority deadline for many schools is October 31st but be sure to check with the university you are applying to for their priority deadline.
AXA Achievement Scholarship
- Please see attached documents for scholarship opportunity, the AXA Achievement Scholarship. To apply, you will need a list of involvement in school and community activities, a list of work experience, current GPA, and details of any outstanding achievements you have done. DEADLINE: December 14th, 2018 and only first 10,000 applicants are considered! For further information and to apply go to https://us.axa.com/axa-foundation/AXA-achievement-scholarship.html
Decorative Artist of SW Florida Scholarship
- $500 scholarship for a visual arts student. Must apply along with 2-4 photos by April 15th, 2019. (See attachment)
Southwest Florida Community Foundation
- Mark your calendars for the opportunity to apply for scholarships that total over $500,000 through over 50 competitive scholarship funds. Apply online at http://floridacommunity.com/scholarships/ between December 17th, 2018- February 24, 2019.
- Parents, Students, and community are all welcome. Meetings are all held in the JROTC room G110 at North Fort Myers High School (besides the Baseball field). Food and Drinks will be served.
- December 12th, 2018 @ 6:30 pm
- January 23rd, 2019 @ 6:30 pm
- Debate Club meets every other Friday in E128 from 1:45 pm – 2:30 pm. Check the Google Class Code for possible upcoming debate topics: uyw96hh
Game Development Club
- Game Development Club meets every Tuesday from 1:45 pm to 3:00 pm in Rm. M112 with Ms. Monastra.
Florida Heiken Children’s Vision Program, LLC
- Apply for No Cost Eye Exam and Glasses on the HEIKEN PORTAL: WWW.FLORIDAHEIKEN.ORG (See Attachment)
SAT Registration Deadlines & Upcoming Test Dates
- Deadline: February 8th, 2019 - Test Date: March 9th, 2019
- Deadline: April 5th, 2019 - Test Date: May 4th, 2019
- Deadline: May 3rd, 2019 - Test Date: June 1st, 2019
ACT Registration Deadlines & Upcoming Test Dates
- Deadline: January 11th, 2019 - Test Date: February 9th, 2019
- Deadline: March 8th, 2019 - Test Date: April 13th, 2019
- Deadline: May 3rd, 2019 - Test Date: June 8th, 2019
- Deadline: June 14th, 2019 - Test Date: July 13th, 2019
Fundraiser and Service Drives
Class of 2021
- The Class of 2021 will be hosting a spirit night at Culver's on Pine Island road from 5-8 PM on November 28th! (See Attachment)
- FBLA is starting to sell Christmas Grams on November 26th thru December 12th. The Christmas Grams will be passed out during 8th period on December 14th .
NFMHS Knights Orchestra
- NFMHS Knights Orchestra will be performing at the Health Park Medical Center during their Tree Lighting Ceremony. 12/1 at 1 pm.
NFMHS Mock Trial Team
- The Mock Trial Team will be selling Puravida NFMHS Red Knight Pride Bracelets during lunch during the weeks of December 3-14th. The cost is $7 ea or 3 for $20. SHOW YOUR RED KNIGHT PRIDE!!!
- Messiah Concert, Sunday, Dec. 9th at 2:00pm in the auditorium. Free admission.
- The JROTC Program of Accreditation was a huge success for the Red Knights! A minimum of 96% is needed to retain the highest accreditation. The Red Knights scored 99.3%! Thank you to the cadets who worked hard to prepare, the administration and staff for amazing support, and to our parent boosters!
Parent and Community Involvement Opportunities
School Advisory Council (SAC)
The School Advisory Council (SAC) is a team of people representing various segments of the community: parents, teachers, students, administrators, support staff, business/industry people and other interested community members. The purpose of SAC is to support the school improvement plan and review relevant data, identify problem areas, develop improvement strategies, and monitor their implementation (School Advisory Council, 1999).
SAC Meeting Dates
- February 5, 2019
- April 16, 2019
*Meetings are at 6 pm in the North Media Center
SAC Meeting Minutes
- STAR Reading HS Achievement Levels.pdf (197.1 KBs)
- Parent's_Guide_to_STAR_Assessments.pdf (500.8 KBs)
The North Fort Myers School Advisory Committee (SAC) is working with school administration and staff to help improve communication with our parents. Here are a few things we are working on:
- Weekly Newsletter: This publication and its format is the result of a parent suggestion to inform parents of upcoming events, meetings, and general dates.
- New Help Button: Please use the link our webmaster created on the NFMHS home page to request help or report issues regarding the website. Can't find what a topic you are looking for, request an additional resource or report outdated content? Click here!
- Monthly Workshops with Andy Jeter: Recently we have implemented monthly workshops with our webmaster, Andy Jeter to provide input and suggestions about the website.
- Parent Dashboard: Our latest endeavor with Mr. Jeter is to create a single page of information with links encompassing all the information a parent might need to know.
If you want to get involved, we would love to have you! Please contact Doug McKeever DouglasIM@leeschools.net or come to our next meeting.
As per our conversation last night at the SAC meeting when I mentioned that the school messenger service is not allowing to change or add phone numbers.
The documentation provided by the district shows that there’s a field that allows you to add phone numbers it’s on page 9 of the following pdf: