November 8th - 17th
Friday - 11/8/19
- Pep Rally: 7:00 am - 8:00 am
- Football Varsity Playoffs vs. Ft. Myers: 7:30 pm - 9:30 @ Ft. Myers High School
Saturday - 11/9/19
- XC States: All Day @ Tallahassee, FL
- District Thespian Event: All Day @ NFMHS Auditorium
Sunday - 11/10/19
- No Events
Monday - 11/11/19
- Veterans Day
- No School
Tuesday - 11/12/19
- Boys Soccer vs. Cypress Lake (Away): 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm @ Cypress Lake High School
- Girls Soccer vs. Cypress Lake (Home): 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm @ NFMHS Moody Field
- NFMHS AICE Information Knight: 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm @ Media Center
- Girls Basketball Classic @ Golden Gate: 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm @ Golden Gate
Wednesday - 11/13/19
- Interim Report Card: All Day
- ASVAB (Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery)
- Girls Weightlifting @ Ida Baker (Away): 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm @ Ida Baker High School
Thursday - 11/14/19
- Girls Basketball Classic @ Golden Gate: 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm @ Golden Gate
- Girls Soccer vs. Fort Myers (Home): 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm @ NFMHS Moody Field
- Boys Soccer vs. Fort Myers (Away): 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm @ Ft. Myers High School
Friday - 11/15/19
- Unified Basketball: 10:30 am - 11:30 am @ NFMHS Gym
- Football Varsity Playoffs: 7:30 pm - 9:30 @ TBD
Saturday - 11/16/19
- Boys Soccer Beef O Brady's Tournament: 9:00 am - 11:00 am @ Charlotte High School
Sunday - 11/17/19
- No Events
Academic and Testing Calendar
WHILE WAITING AT THE BUS STOP:
- When waiting for the bus stop make sure you are at least three giant steps, or six feet away from the street.
- Never stand or sit near the street when waiting at your stop. Bus stops are not places to run or play.
- Wear clothing that makes it easy for drivers to see you. Bright colors like yellow, orange and white are great!
- Pay attention to your surroundings. Put down phones and take out your earbuds so you can hear and see what’s happening around you.
- If a trusted adult (parent, grandparent, friend) has not visited your bus stop lately, ask them to come one morning or afternoon. Introduce them to your bus driver and show them how you stay safe while you wait for the bus!
- If you drop something and it goes near or under the bus, never go get it. Tell your driver so he or she can help you.
- Never walk behind your school bus. If you have to walk in front of your bus, make sure you walk five giant steps, or 10 feet, ahead so your driver can see you.
- Wait until the bus has stopped and the doors are open before approaching the bus.
- Never talk to strangers at the bus stop. Always alert your bus driver as soon as possible if a stranger tries to talk to you or pick you up.
WHILE ON THE BUS:
- Do not speak loudly or make loud noises that could distract your driver.
- Always buckle up!
- Remain in your seat for the entire ride and keep the aisle clear!
- Any parents or guardians so wants to volunteer must complete the Volunteer Form (See Attachment) and provide a copy of their driver's license to Mr. McKeever. If you have any questions, please email Mr. McKeever DouglasIM@leeschools.net.
- Scholarship and Financial Aid newsletter will be posted monthly at https://nfm.leeschools.net/our_students/collegeandcareer
University of Florida Scholarship
- Seniors planning to apply to UF and the Honors Program at UF, see below for information regarding the Lombardi Scholar Program.
- The goal of this program is to identify creative, forward-thinking individuals with an interest in developing global leadership skills through study abroad experiences provided by the University of Florida Honors Program. In addition to a financial stipend and four fully-funded summer enrichment experiences, Scholars are provided with specialized academic advisors to assist them in making the most out of their time at UF. All Scholars enjoy a diverse peer network of successful, engaged students to offer assistance in involvement and adjusting to campus life.
- The Honors Program is looking for high school students from a variety of backgrounds who not only excel academically but who are motivated to make a positive difference in their communities and foster personal interests outside of school. In order to be eligible for these programs, students must be nominated by high school administrators. Students with exceptional potential in one or two areas often stand out more than those that are merely well-rounded. Past Scholars have gone on to serve as US Fulbright Scholars and have been recognized as Goldwater Scholars, a Gates-Cambridge Scholar, and an NIH Oxford-Cambridge Scholar.
- See attached flyer for additional information. To apply, please go to: http://www.honors.ufl.edu/prospective/lombardi--stamps-scholarships/applications/
- **The application deadline for Lombardi Scholar is Tuesday, November 12th, 2019.
- **You must apply to UF and the honors program to be eligible. The deadline for both of those is November 1st.
- Interested students can email directly to email@example.com with questions about being a UF Honors scholar.
- Finally, find additional information regarding the honors program at: http://www.honors.ufl.edu/prospective/lombardi--stamps-scholarships/lombardi-stamps-faq/
Statewide Assessment Schedule 2019-2020
SAT Registration Deadlines & Upcoming Test Dates
- Deadline: November 7th , 2019 - Test Date: December 7th , 2019
ACT Registration Deadlines & Upcoming Test Dates
- Deadline: November 15th, 2019 - Test Date: December 14th , 2019
Fundraiser and Service Drives
- Interact Club is hosting a Fall Festival for our ESE students this Friday; games, dancing and FUN!
- They are also volunteering at Gulf Elementary and Tropic Isles Elementary schools Fall festivals, and Diplomat Elementary’s 5K race!
The Visual Arts Department
- The Visual Arts Department is looking for funding for a few extras this year. Please check out the Red Knight Foundation’s new website for more information. https://www.redknightfoundation.org/
Table Top Game Club
- Table Top Game Club will meet after school in S207 with Mr. Hodges. Join us on Google with the code: gx7ktk0 (last digit is a zero, 0).
Elementary Science Olympiad
- Help elementary students explore science! Join Elementary Science Olympiad! Mondays, 1:45 pm-2:30 pm in Room: S211
NFMHS Choir Department
- North Fort Myers High School Choir Department proudly presents: Fall Into Music (See Attachment)
- You are invited to NFMHS annual Knight on Broadway! Join our talented musical theatre students as they present pieces from classic to current Broadway musicals.
- One night only, Friday November 15th at 6:30pm. All tickets are just $5. Tickets will be available at 5:30pm in the lobby, auditorium doors open at 6pm. (See Attachment)
- NFMHS Orchestra will be having DQ Spirit Nights every second Thursday of the month until May 2020. The rest of the details are on the attachments. (See Attachment)
- For more information, please visit our calendar (See Attachment)
The Class of 2022
- The CLASS OF 2022 T-shirts have been REDUCED to ONLY $5!!
- These shirts would make a great stocking stuffer for any Sophomore. 😊
- We have M-XL.
- Rm: C-123
- Time: 1:45-2:25
- When: 1st and 3rd Friday of every month
- What: read and discuss club/student choice of novels
- Knights Kitchen is open! We cook lunch on Even Days only, however are making Smoothies more often!
- With your purchase of a lunch from Knights kitchen you are doing the following:
- Giving our students the opportunity to practice communication skills when delivering.
- Helping students learn how to plan, budget, and shop for groceries. A skills they will need as they transition into adulthood
- Providing a safe environment for students to interact with people they are unfamiliar with.
- This program is student planned and teacher prepared. While students do not prepare the food they are learning many skills that will prepare them for adulthood and to be employed
- Jeans Week to help Knights Kitchen - $5 to Beller or Keith
Supervisor of Elections
- The Voter Registration Challenge among Lee County School District high schools continues as Supervisor of Elections officials will return to Mr. George Torosian's classes on October 23rd and to Mr. Noah Gaar's classes on November 12th and 13th to register our students to vote. The high school with the most registered students wins the traveling trophy and will be recognized at a School Board meeting later in the year.
- North High teachers who would like to have officials present a program for your classes and to register your students to vote should contact Mrs. Sally Kilic at SallyMK@leeschools.net. Students can be as young as 16 years old to register. Please help North High win the Voter Registration trophy this year by taking advantage of this service.
- The ELA classes recently had representatives from Lee County give a presentation to the students about the importance of voting. They also registered the students as voters as part of a county-wide contest to see which school signs up the most new voters. Attached are some pictures (Attachment #1) (Attachment #2) (Attachment # 3)
- Upcoming Competitions:
- Friday-Sunday, 11/15/19 - 11/17/2019 - Raiders States in Lake Wales, FL (Varsity teams that place 1st or 2nd at District)
- Upcoming Booster JROTC Meetings:
- Wednesday, 11/13/2019 at 6:30pm
- Wednesday, 12/18/2019 at 6:30pm
- All meetings are held in JROTC room G110 located by the softball field on Camellia Drive
Parent and Community Involvement Opportunities
Red Knight Foundation
- Like the Red Knight Foundation Facebook page/ visit the Foundation website for opportunities to get involved with supporting NFMHS Teachers.
School Advisory Council (SAC)
The School Advisory Council (SAC) is a team of people representing various segments of the community: parents, teachers, students, administrators, support staff, business/industry people and other interested community members. The purpose of SAC is to support the school improvement plan and review relevant data, identify problem areas, develop improvement strategies, and monitor their implementation (School Advisory Council, 1999).
SAC Dates for the 2019-2020 School Calendar
- January 14th, 2020
- March 31st, 2020
All meeting start at 6:30 pm in the Media Center
*Visit the North Fort Myers High School SAC website for meeting agendas and minutes. https://nfm.leeschools.net/our_school/school_advisory_council_sac_
*Visit the SAC website for more information and opportunities to get involved.
If you want to get involved, we would love to have you! Please contact Doug McKeever DouglasIM@leeschools.net or come to our next meeting.