Let books take you on an adventure!
Librarian: Michele Alexander
Monday - Friday
8:20am - 4:20pm
What You Need to Know:
- You may have up to 3 books checked out at a time. Additionally, you may check out up to 2 digital books on Overdrive.
- Books are checked out for 2 weeks and may be renewed twice.
- If you have any overdue materials, you will not be able to check out new titles until all overdue items are returned.
- To return books - remove the date due sticker and place them in the book return bin.
- Books checked out for school projects still need to be renewed prior to the due date or they will be considered overdue.
- If you damage a book, please bring it to the library and ask about the replacement cost.
- You may borrow books from other LISD campuses through Inter-Library Loan (ILL). Simply come to the circulation desk and submit your request by title.
- Playaways are audiobooks that come with their own mp3 player. They are located next to the New Arrivals section at the front of the library. Unfortunately, they are quite pricey ($50-$100 each). If you lose or damage one, you will be responsible for the full replacement cost. You may check out one at a time.
- You will need a pass to visit the library without a teacher. Morning passes are distributed in the front office beginning at 8:20am. Lunch passes are handed out by teachers on duty in the cafeteria. If you come to the library during class, your teacher must issue a pass.
Search the catalog to find out if WMS Library has books on a particular subject or search for the exact title. You can also change the settings to search the entire district (click on Advanced Search). Please email me or stop by the library if there is a title you'd like that we don't have. I will try to get it for you, and have it delivered to your classroom. It usually takes 2-3 days to receive books from another LISD campus.