What is a Library Database?
- Library databases contain information from published works.
- Examples: Magazine and newspaper articles, encyclopedias and other reference books.
- Library databases are searchable.
- By Keyword, Subject, Author, Magazine Title, Date, etc.
- Library databases provide citation information..
- Author, if available
- Title of Article
- Publication (Title of Magazine, Newspaper, or Reference Book)
- Date of Publication
- Library databases often contain full-text articles.
- You can print or email an entire article.
- There are different kinds of library databases
- For specific topics. Examples: LitFinder, ABC CLIO
- For general topics Examples: ProQuest, World Book Online
Information provided by Hennepin County Library