- In an effort to reduce classroom disruptions, there are two ways for students to request a permit to leave campus early:
- Submit a parent/guardian note/email BEFORE 10:30AM (preferably before the first period of the day begins).
- The parent/guardian may come to the office, provide a photo ID, and check their student out. Due to the high volume of requests, please arrive at least 20 minutes BEFORE you need your student to be released. We are unable to accommodate walk-in requests after 3:30PM. A parent/guardian sign-out does NOT replace the need for a note--proper documentation (parent note or medical note) is still required to code the absence correctly.
- Parents can email VRHSattendance@leanderisd.org (before 10:30AM in order to avoid delays) to request an Early Dismissal as long as the email address is on file. The email should include the student's name, grade, ID number, reason for leaving campus, and the time the student should be dismissed.
- If the situation does not allow notice prior to 10:30AM, please call our Receptionist at 512-570-1800 to let her know you have sent an email as we no longer monitor emails for permits to leave after 10:30AM. We will do our absolute best to avoid delays in your student receiving their Early Dismissal pass!
- In order to avoid delays in your student receiving their Early Dismissal pass, parent notes, emails, and faxes MUST be received by 10:30AM.
- For the protection of our students, phone calls for early dismissals are NOT accepted.
- Students MUST sign in/out at the Attendance Window when they leave/return to campus.
- ALL students MUST get their Permit To Leave Early pass BEFORE school on exam days. We are NOT able to deliver passes during the day on EXAM Days.