ACC Dual Credit Enrollment Checklist
Follow these steps to enroll in ACC courses as a dual credit student. Be sure to verify important Dual Credit dates & deadlines.
- NEW STUDENTS: Must complete steps 1-5 one time only. After these steps are complete, students will be allowed to proceed to steps 6-8.
- RETURNING STUDENTS: Must complete steps 6-8 each semester to be eligible and enroll in classes.
Step 1: Apply Online
Go to ACC's online application and create an application account. After you have created an account, proceed to start and complete the application.
- Specify Dual Credit as the basis of admission from the drop-down options
- If you do not have a SS#, see Mrs. Spradling to be assigned an alternate number
- Your "primary reason" for attending is to "earn credits for transfer"
- Answer "yes" you will transfer credits
- Choose "North" for location of ACC area
- Dual Credit students are exempt from submitting transcript and bacterial meningitis
Step 2: Activate your ACCID & ACCmail
Emailed to you 24 hrs after applying; applications are not processed on weekends/holidays. You can proceed to complete Step 3 while you wait on this email.
- You should receive an email with your assigned ACCeID
- Follow the steps to activate your ACCeID, establish password, and set security questions.
- Once you have obtained your ACCeID, use this link to activate your ACCemail.
Step 3: VHS Dual Credit Orientation & ACC Contract
- Students & parents view the Dual Credit Orientation video.
- Print, review, and sign the Dual Credit Orientation Verification form and the High School Programs Early Admission Contract. Turn in both forms to Mrs. Spradling in the CCC.
Step 4: Meet College Readiness Testing Requirements
- Determine if you need to take the TSI Assessment (see this page for qualified exemption scores). If it is determined you are exempt from testing, you may skip to Step 5. See Mrs. Spradling if you need help determining your status.
- If you are not exempt with existing scores, follow steps to take the TSI Assessment at an LISD or ACC campus. You will not be admitted to testing at VHS if you have not completed steps 1-3 and the PAA.
New dual credit students cannot move on to Steps 5-8 until TSI is met.
Step 5: ACC High School Programs Orientation
- Meet with our ACC Enrollment Specialist during a pre-arranged session at VHS. Check the Dual Credit calendar for on-campus dates.
New & Returning Students
Step 6: ONLINE Enrollment Form
The online form has taken the place of the former paper Enrollment Form, but is required each semester for approval to pursue ACC coursework. Failure to complete this form will result in a hold on the student ACC account.
VHS Dual Credit Online Enrollment Form - available for Summer & Fall 2019
Step 7: Plan Courses
Plan the specific courses you wish to register for using ACC's online Self-Service website (explained during advising sessions held at VHS).
- Guide to ACC course planning & registration
- ACC Spring 2019 course offerings at Vandegrift
- Vandegrift's Spring 2019 registration guide for students
Step 8: Online registration
Register online via Self-Service.