Class of 2019
About COOL Week
COOL Week is a structured, week-long, work-based experience for all 12th grade students in Leander ISD. There is not a more exciting, hands-on way to figure out if a career field is right for you. Here are just a few benefits to participating in COOL Week:
- On-the-job experience that builds your resume
- Networking with employees, supervisors, and hiring managers
- Insight into a career field and required experience, background, etc.
- Practice soft skills - communication, interpersonal relationship building, etc.
- Find out if a career is right (or wrong) for you
COOL Week Applicaton
To participate in COOL Week, all students will need to complete the online application available in Naviance in order to match skills/interests with a work site. The below linked application will be open September 7, 2018 at 11:45 AM and close September 14 at 11:45 AM.
Important Class of 2019 COOL Week Dates
- August 23 and September 4-5: COOL Week overview during Senior meetings
- August 27: COOL Week overview for Parents at Senior Parent Night (5:30 PM)
- September 7: COOL Week application opens (will be linked here) 11:45 AM
- September 14: Deadline for application submission, 11:45 AM
- October 10: Mandatory Orientation meeting on SENIOR SUMMIT day for all students who submitted application
- October 15: Deadline for Parent Permission Form to Mrs. Spradling, 4:00 PM
- October -December: Individual COOL Week Conferences (Mrs. Spradling recruits businesses, meets with students to discuss placements; students are required to submit resume via COOL Week Google classroom before scheduling individual conference)
- January 15: Deadline for identifying personal student COOL Week contacts
- February 11 (during PIT): COOL Week Training - students receives assignment details, meet team members, exchange contact information, work out transportation issues, etc.
- February 18-22: COOL Week
- TBD: COOL Week Celebration during PIT; students turn in COOL Week handbooks, submit Thank You letters and complete Evaluations