College & Career Readiness
Visit the VHS College & Career Center website for information on the following topics!
- College visits at VHS - see who is visiting and sign up to attend through the Colleges tab in Naviance; college representatives can book a visit to Vandegrift through RepVisits
- Senior Workdays - during PIT Mon-Thur in the fall semester; sign up through the PIT Portal
- Dual Credit resources and assistance
- Free resources on test prep, colleges, military, financial aid, and career
- Assistance with Naviance and other tools for college and career research
- And more...
Class of 2019
Each summer we offer College Jumpstart sessions thanks to support from Viper Nation Education Foundation! Each session is 4 days (Mon-Thur) for two hours per day and hosted for FREE at Vandegrift High School. This is open to current juniors in the Class of 2019 to get a jump start on the college application process over the summer in a small group setting, with one-on-one attention to questions along with application, essay, and resume feedback.
Registration is available to students through Naviance – you’ll find sessions listed as an Upcoming College Visit
College Prep 101
VHS is has received a College Coach through a grant from the LEEF Foundation to assist students during the 2018-20189 school year with all the aspects of attending college upon high school graduation. As a junior, students can begin the VHS College Prep 101 Program now to get a jumpstart on the college process.
The College Prep 101 Program is designed to assist those students who need that extra guidance and support to stay focused in meeting the various deadlines and requirements for submitting applications as they may not have the advantage of their parents’ assistance and guidance. Students may be the first child in the immediate family to attend college or first generation in the family to attend college, or a student who feels they may need extra support in navigating the college application task.