In order to accommodate Vandegrift students who choose to pursue online correspondence courses as an academic option, the counseling office has set aside several dates throughout the school year for students to take a credit by exam (CBE) or the exam that follows the correspondence course in order for them to earn credit. If these specific dates do not work for a student’s schedule, he/she will need to test at the University of Texas Testing Center.
Accredited Institutions for Correspondence Coursework:
University of Texas High School correspondence courses (Contact: email@example.com or 512-232-5000)
Please note 2019-2020 Correspondence/CBE testing dates and times:
- August 21, 2019 - 1:00pm
- December 4, 2019 - 1:00pm
- March 11, 2020 - 1:00pm
- April 22, 2020 - 1:00pm - ***This is the last opportunities for seniors to test in time to receive results for graduation!***
* If these dates do not work for a student’s schedule or a student would like to sit for a world language exam, he/she may request to take the exam at the UT testing center
*An additional fee will apply
Please note that we advise taking your correspondence exams/CBEs by April 22nd in order to earn credit and ensure graduation requirements are met. We have found that exam grade reporting towards the end of the school year takes longer as many students are trying to test at this time. If you have not tested by the April 22nd date, you risk not walking at the graduation ceremony.
How to sign up to take the exam at VHS:
Please complete the following requirements when the correspondence course has been completed and students are ready to take the exam:
- Students will request the exam be sent from the correspondence/CBE institution to the counselor listed below. If requesting an online version of the exam, you need to make the request at least 1 week in advance. If you are requesting a paper exam, please make the request 2 weeks in advance.
- Students will then sign up HERE to schedule a testing date. You will receive a reminder pass from the counseling office on the day of the exam.
- Inform you teacher that you will be missing a class in order to take your CBE/correspondence exam. You are responsible for making up any missed classwork. Please do your best to avoid missing tests or quizzes.
- Please show up promptly to the Counseling office at your testing date and time. Once finished with the exam, you will be released back to class.
Contact information to enter when requesting an exam:
Counselor: Brittany Hernandez
Counselor Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
School Address: Vandegrift HS 9500 McNeil Drive Austin, TX 78750
Students pursuing credits over the summer (outside of LISD summer school)
All transcripts/grade reports for courses completed over the summer must be submitted to the VHS Counseling Office by August 1, 2019 in order for students to modify their 2019-2020 schedule. Students required proctored exams will need to test at the UT Testing Center.