Complete steps 1-4 one time only.
Step 1: Apply Online
1. Create an application account.
Note: Area of Study should be your best guess for intended future major, but it is okay if you're unsure.
2. Scroll down and click Step 2: Start An Application. Read through notes below and submit application.
Notes: PERSONAL INFO: If you do not have a SSN, see Mrs. Spradling for an alternate number; DEMOGRAPHICS: Primary reason for attending, choose "Earn credits to transfer to another institution"; ACADEMIC INFO: Under High School, type in "Vandegrift" then click "search" and once results are found choose Vandegrift and click "select"; Under Testing Information, choose SAT if you are using PSAT scores; Under Academic History & Plans, again your Area of Study & Program doesn't matter; Under Basis of Admission be sure to choose "High School Dual Credit Program", then "North" for your region.
Step 2: Activate ACC Accounts
- Receive an email with your assigned ACCeID 24 hrs after submitting the application (applications are not processed on weekends/holidays)
- Follow steps to activate your ACCeID, establish password, and set security questions
- Once ACCeID is established, use this link to activate your ACCemail.
Step 3: ACC Orientation & Contracts
1. ACC/VHS Orientation: Watch the ACC/VHS Orientation video (30 minutes). It is STRONGLY recommended students & parents watch this together for full understanding. Then, LOG IN HERE and take the ACC Orientation quiz. Failure to take and pass the ACC Orientation quiz will result in a hold on your account, preventing registration.
4. Turn in to Mrs. Spradling in the CCC:
- VHS Dual Credit Contract
- ACC High School Programs Contract
Step 4: PROVE College Readiness
- Determine if you need to take the TSI Assessment (see qualifying exemption scores). If exempt from testing, you may skip to Step 5.
- If not exempt with existing scores, follow steps to take the TSI Assessment at an LISD or ACC campus. You will not be admitted to testing at VHS if you have not completed steps 1-3, the TSI Pre-Assessment Activity, and bring a photo ID.
New & Returning Students
Complete steps 5-7 each semester to be eligible for registration. New students must have fully completed steps 1-4 first.
Step 5: Meet with Mrs. Spradling
After completing steps 1-4, schedule an individual Dual Credit meeting with Mrs. Spradling.
Together, we will review your documents, outline course plans, and complete the VHS Dual Credit Online Enrollment Form (for Summer & Fall 2019).
Step 6: Plan Courses
Plan the specific courses you wish to register for using ACC's online Self-Service website.
NEW students will be required to attend a group Registration & Scheduling Workshop to navigate through the ACC Self-Service website. Mrs. Spradling will reach out to new students who have completed the required Steps 1-5 regarding workshop options. Returning students are welcome to attend.
Spring 2019 Resources:
- Guide to ACC course planning & registration
- ACC Spring 2019 course offerings at Vandegrift
- Vandegrift's Spring 2019 registration guide for students
Step 7: Online registration
Register online via Self-Service within designated registration dates.