Class of 2020
About COOL Week
COOL Week is a structured, week-long, work-based experience for all 12th grade students in Leander ISD. There is not a more exciting, hands-on way to figure out if a career field is right for you. Here are just a few benefits to participating in COOL Week:
- On-the-job experience that builds your resume
- Networking with employees, supervisors, and hiring managers
- Insight into a career field and required experience, background, etc.
- Practice soft skills - communication, interpersonal relationship building, etc.
- Find out if a career is right (or wrong) for you
COOL Week Applicaton
To participate in COOL Week, all students must have completed the online application available in Naviance in order to match skills/interests with a work site. The COOL Week application will open on Friday, September 20 at 12:00 PM and will close on Wednesday, September 25 at 12:00 PM.
Important Class of 2020 COOL Week Dates
- August 22 and 27-28: COOL Week overview during Senior meetings
- August 26: COOL Week overview for Parents at Senior Parent Night (5:30 PM)
- September 20: COOL Week application opens (will be linked here) 12:00 PM
- September 25: Deadline for application submission, 12:00 PM
- October 30: Mandatory Orientation meeting on SENIOR SUMMIT day for all students who submitted application
- November 5: Appointments open for Individual COOL Week Conferences, 12:00 PM
- November 5: Deadline for Parent Permission Form to Mrs. Spradling, 4:00 PM
- November-December: Individual COOL Week Conferences (students are required to submit resume via COOL Week Google classroom before scheduling individual conference)
- January TBD: Deadline for identifying personal student COOL Week contacts
- February 18 (during PIT): COOL Week Training - students receives assignment details, meet team members, exchange contact information, work out transportation issues, etc.
- February 24-28: COOL Week // Week 1
- March 2-6: COOL Week // Week 2
- March 10: COOL Week Celebration 8:15-9:45 AM in Lecture Hall; students will submit Thank You letters, complete evaluations