Read a Book, Expand Your Horizons
Andrew Smith -Author Visit -Order Forms
We have the pleasure of welcoming Andrew Smith to our school. He'll be visiting the library during 8th period on April 1. His new book, The Size of the Truth, is a coming-of-age story with lots of heart. You'll have a smile on your face at the end.
We appreciate the support of our Spartan family. Because of your support of our visiting authors, we are on a short list of schools who consistently receive top-rated author visits when they come to the Austin area. Here's a link to the order form for this visit. Books ordered through this form will come personalized and autographed by the author after he meets with students.
- Monday - Friday 8:15 AM to 4:15 PM
- You can check out up to four books at a time. The lending period is two weeks. You may also check out up to two eBooks from our OverDrive account.
- There are no fines or fees unless a book is lost or damaged. However, we ask that you return your book on time so others can enjoy it.
- You will not be able to check out another book if you currently have any overdue books.
- Book Clubs - Held once each week during all lunch periods.
- MakerSpace - Open before school and during all lunch periods.
- Knitting - Held once each week during all lunch periods.
- Tech Support - Students can come to the library for mLISD support issues.
- Bow Wow Reading Dog - Evi comes once each week to help students read out loud.
- Lunch Bunch - Bring your lunch and a book to read.
- Lone Star Reading Challenge - Read 15 books on the list and enjoy a celebration party with food.
Link to newsletter coming soon.
What can the library/ librarian help me with?
- Research help and guidance
- Lesson Design
- Curating resources
- Source Citation
- Web search and site evaluation
- Database navigation and use
- Book suggestions
- Book Talks
- Tech integration, support and troubleshooting
- Class resources
- Fake news guru
- Space to work on projects and/or with peers
- Presentation ideas for teachers and students
- Make-up testing center
- Learning Commons
- Project-based learning support
- Inquiry-based learning support
- Teacher collaboration
- mLISD issues
Mrs. Johnson lives with her husband , her grandson, and 3 dogs. She received her undergraduate degree from Texas State University in 2004, and her MLS degree in 2012 from Texas Woman's University. She started her career in education as a math teacher at Cedar Park Middle School where she taught 6th, 7th and 8th grades. In 2012, she went to work as the librarian at a middle school in AISD. She was thrilled to come back to LISD in 2016, and especially thrilled to be at Stiles. Her hobbies are reading (She's a librarian after all!), knitting, quilting, spending time with her family, and working with her dogs. (Her childhood dream was to live in Wyoming and raise a pack of gray wolves. Her dogs are her substitute wolf pack.)