Read a Book, Expand Your Horizons
- Monday - Friday 8:15 AM to 4:15 PM
- You can check out up to four books at a time. The lending period is two weeks. You may also check out up to two eBooks from our OverDrive account.
- There are no fines or fees unless a book is lost or damaged. However, we ask that you return your book on time so others can enjoy it.
- You will not be able to check out another book if you currently have any overdue books.
- Book Clubs - Held once each week during all lunch periods.
- MakerSpace - Open before school and during all lunch periods.
- Tech Support - Students can come to the library for mLISD support issues.
- Bow Wow Reading Dog - Evi comes once each week to help students read out loud.
- Lunch Bunch - Bring your lunch and a book to read.
- Lone Star Reading Challenge - Read 15 books on the list and enjoy a celebration party with food.
What can the library/ librarian help me with?
- Research help and guidance
- Lesson Design
- Curating resources
- Source Citation
- Web search and site evaluation
- Database navigation and use
- Book suggestions
- Book Talks
- Tech integration, support and troubleshooting
- Class resources
- Fake news guru
- Space to work on projects and/or with peers
- Presentation ideas for teachers and students
- 3D printing
- Make-up testing center
- Learning Commons
- Project-based learning support
- Inquiry-based learning support
- Teacher collaboration
- mLISD issues
Mrs. Johnson lives with her husband , her grandson, and 4 dogs. She received her undergraduate degree from Texas State University in 2004, and her MLS degree in 2012 from Texas Woman's University. She started her career in education as a math teacher at Cedar Park Middle School where she taught 6th, 7th and 8th grades. In 2012, she went to work as the librarian at a middle school in AISD. She was thrilled to come back to LISD in 2016, and especially thrilled to be at Stiles. Her hobbies are reading (She's a librarian after all!), knitting, quilting, spending time with her family, and working with her dogs. (Her childhood dream was to live in Wyoming and raise a pack of gray wolves. Her dogs are her substitute wolf pack.)