Read a Book, Expand Your Horizons
Summer Book Checkout
Print the below form, fill it out and bring it to Mrs. Johnson when you come to check out books for the summer. All the information is on the form.
- Monday - Friday 8:15 AM to 4:15 PM
- You can check out up to four books at a time. The lending period is two weeks. You may also check out up to two eBooks from our OverDrive account.
- There are no fines or fees unless a book is lost or damaged. However, we ask that you return your book on time so others can enjoy it.
- You will not be able to check out another book if you currently have any overdue books.
- Book Clubs - Held once each week during all lunch periods.
- MakerSpace - Open before school and during all lunch periods.
- Tech Support - Students can come to the library for mLISD support issues.
- Bow Wow Reading Dog - Evi comes once each week to help students read out loud.
- Lunch Bunch - Bring your lunch and a book to read.
- Lone Star Reading Challenge - Read 15 books on the list and enjoy a celebration party with food.
What can the library/ librarian help me with?
- Research help and guidance
- Lesson Design
- Curating resources
- Source Citation
- Web search and site evaluation
- Database navigation and use
- Book suggestions
- Book Talks
- Tech integration, support and troubleshooting
- Class resources
- Fake news guru
- Space to work on projects and/or with peers
- Presentation ideas for teachers and students
- 3D printing
- Make-up testing center
- Learning Commons
- Project-based learning support
- Inquiry-based learning support
- Teacher collaboration
- mLISD issues
Mrs. Johnson lives with her husband , her grandson, and 4 dogs. She received her undergraduate degree from Texas State University in 2004, and her MLS degree in 2012 from Texas Woman's University. She started her career in education as a math teacher at Cedar Park Middle School where she taught 6th, 7th and 8th grades. In 2012, she went to work as the librarian at a middle school in AISD. She was thrilled to come back to LISD in 2016, and especially thrilled to be at Stiles. Her hobbies are reading (She's a librarian after all!), knitting, quilting, spending time with her family, and working with her dogs. (Her childhood dream was to live in Wyoming and raise a pack of gray wolves. Her dogs are her substitute wolf pack.)