2. TSI Assessment
In order to take college courses, students must meet TSI standards in the areas of Reading, Writing, and Math.
- Reading & Writing TSI - required to take English, History, Government, Speech, or Art courses
- Math TSI - required to take Economics, Math, or Science courses
TSI can be met through either the SAT, ACT, or TSI Assessment. Please refer to the TSI page for more info.
- PSAT scores can now count toward Dual Credit TSI completion
- If you met the following scores on your PSAT you do not have to take the TSI for the purpose of Dual Credit:
- Evidence-based Reading & Writing - 460 and/or
- Math - 510
If you met these standards, you can skip to step 3.
Step 2a: Complete the Pre-Assessment Activity (PAA)
- Go to sites.austincc.edu/paa
- Read through the information and follow the directions
- Input your email address - you will receive a Completion Certificate
- Take a screenshot of the certificate and upload to the correct form below
Step 2b: Sign up for a TSI test
Testing @ ACC
- You must call and schedule a test appointment time. Click here for Cypress Creek test center info.
- You can pay for the test either at the Cashier's Desk in the Student Services building or online through the ACC Assessment Marketplace - Keep your receipt!
- Costs $10/section or $29 for the full test (Reading, Writing, and Math)
- You must bring with you the following items:
- Photo ID
- Test payment receipt
- Hard copy of PAA
- Hard copy of scores if you have previously tested - you can request a copy from Mrs. Wallace