As a professional school counselor, we are also here to listen and help students that may need to talk to us one-on-one. These are some examples of reasons that we may talk to your child while at school:
- student has shut down and is not communicating with teacher to improve situation.
- student is distracted and is unable to complete work
- student is disruptive in the classroom
- student is having friendship difficulties
- student has requested to talk to me about something that is on their mind
If the need arises, Leander ISD has created a Suicide Risk Assessment. If a student makes an outcry of suicidal ideation, we will be informed immediately by any employee that receives the information so that we can assess the student. The parent will always be contacted and information will be shared.