My name is DeAnna Martin. I have had the privilege of being the counselor at Reagan Elementary since it opened nine years ago. Before Reagan, I was at Cox Elementary and I have 16 years of counseling experience. I am married to David and we have one son, Tyler, who was also a Reagan Ray.
Have you ever wondered what counseling services are offered by Reagan Elementary?
Access to School Counselor Services
School counselors serve students and parents—both in groups and individually—to help students meet academic, personal/social, and college/career goals.
Individual referrals to the school counselor may be made by the student, a parent, or by school staff and administration. School counseling services do not constitute or substitute for professional therapeutic care.
Students may stop by the counseling office during the school day. Parents may call the counseling office to schedule an appointment or a phone conference. Matters of urgency will be given priority.
Did you know my counselor...
* Visits my classroom sometimes?
* Talks with me when I'm happy?
* Talks with me when I'm sad?
* Talks with me about myself and others?
* Talks with moms and dads?
* Lets me visit in her office when I need to
Did you know my counselor helps me...
* Develop problem-solving skills?
* Develop decision-making skills?
* Build self-esteem and confidence?
* Recognize and make use of my potential?
* Cope with difficult and/or unchangeable life events?
* Share my feelings and concerns?