National Honor Society
C.R. Miller Chapter (founded 1971)
The purpose of this organization shall be to create enthusiasm for scholarship, to stimulate a desire to render service, to promote leadership, and to develop character in students of LHS.
2018-19 NHS Officers
- President Lille Rowland
- Vice President Gigi Ceka
- Secretary Noel Duckworth
- Treasurer Stacy De Gorostiza
- Public Relations Aimee Ramos
Public Service Announcement:
If you receive a mailing from the National Society of High School Scholars asking for a $60 membership fee, THIS IS NOT OUR ORGANIZATION.
We are not affiliated with the NSHSS. We will never solicit fees by mail. Our students pay $20 annual dues.
How to join NHS
- Invitation letters will be mailed during the first week of school in August. All juniors and seniors with weighted GPAs of 4.5 or higher should receive letters. [If you are eligible and do not receive a letter, please see Mr. Shaw or Ms. Ribas.] The letter will invite students to an information session. Application packets will be handed out at this meeting.
- Info meetings for eligible students: Wed, Aug 22 at 3:50 PM ---OR--- Thur, Aug 23 at 8:00 AM (Lecture Hall A)
- Applications due to Mr. Shaw in room 2207 by 4:00 PM on Friday, Aug 31
- Application Packet for students interested in joining NHS (will be handed out at Information Meetings, but feel free to print out and get a head start on filling it out)
- New member list will be posted Friday, Sept. 14 outside room 2207
- Induction Ceremony: Wednesday, September 26 at 7:00 PM -- in the Don Tew Performing Arts Center!
- NHS members are required to fulfill at least 10 service hours each semester.
- All service hours must be recorded on the NHS spreadsheet.
- Attendance is expected at monthly meetings (held during Pride Time).
NHS Meetings during Pride Time in Little Theater:
- Sept 5 (returning members only)
- Oct 17
- Nov 14
- Dec 5
- Jan 9
- Feb 6
- March 5 - Seniors will need $20 for Graduation Stole
- April 3 - NHS Officer Apps distributed [2019-20 NHS Officer Application]
- April 24 - Officer Elections
- May 17 - NHS Banquet at 6:00 PM in Little Theater