I can’t wait to get to know your child and your family. The best way to reach me is by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not have email, you can also reach me by phone or send a note with your child. The phone number at school is 570-6000. I truly believe it takes a village to raise a child. In that regard, I would really like to see each of you volunteer at Cox Elementary. There are many opportunities to help out at our school, such as small projects that can be completed at home, special events, Wednesday Folders, or working with a small group of students. Together we can make this year a great one for your child!
This Week’s News! August 16-24, 2018
- Everything about "Mrs. Nelson is Missing". Students will create a story map and tell main idea of a story.
- Students will learn parts of a letter:
- Nouns--Person, place or thing
- Week 1 /ai/
- Students build on their understanding of the natural world, changes in weather, and how humans affect the environment in order to understand the relationship between the physical environment and human activities. Students continue to develop their geography skills, and identify significant people and places in the community. Students engage in a problem and use their learning throughout the unit to select a location for a settlement on a fictitious newly discovered land.
- Students will be reviewing the "Number Rack" counting by fives to 20. Please see below for more information.
- 2nd Grade Parent Orientation - Thursday, August 23 5:30-6:30