I can’t wait to get to know your child and your family. The best way to reach me is by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not have email, you can also reach me by phone or send a note with your child. The phone number at school is 570-6000. I truly believe it takes a village to raise a child. In that regard, I would really like to see each of you volunteer at Cox Elementary. There are many opportunities to help out at our school, such as small projects that can be completed at home, special events, Wednesday Folders, or working with a small group of students. Together we can make this year a great one for your child!
This Week’s News!
- Reading: Students will be learning more about Author's Purpose. They will read articles that persuade, inform, and entertain and be able to cite evidence on which form of writing the author has written.
- Grammar: Students will study verbs and adjectives . They will have spelling words with the /ea/ which is the long e sound.
- Writing: Students will be learning about words choice and fluency when writing a paragraph.
- Math: Students will be modeling and solving story problems, using number rack, number lines.
- Science/Social Studies: Students build on their understanding of the natural world, changes in weather, and how humans affect the environment in order to understand the relationship between the physical environment and human activities. Students continue to develop their geography skills, and identify significant people and places in the community. Students engage in a problem and use their learning throughout the unit to select a location for a settlement on a fictitious newly discovered land.
- Read Aloud/Snack: A to Z Mysteries, The Absent Author.
- Watch Dog Kickoff - Monday, September 18 at 6:30pm
- PTA General Meeting - Wednesday, September 27, 6:30-8pm
- School Pictures - Friday, September 29
- Bag of un-used white socks (for white board erasers)
- ear buds