Wiley Middle School Library
Monday - Friday 8:20am - 4:20pm. The Library will stay open late on Wednesday evenings until the Late Bus arrives.
What You Need to Know:
- You may have up to 3 books checked out at a time.
- Books are checked out for two weeks and may be renewed twice.
- If you have any overdue materials, you will not be able to check out new titles until all overdue items are returned.
- You may borrow books from other LISD campuses through Inter-Library Loan (ILL). Simply come to the Circulation Desk and submit your request by title.
- You will ALWAYS need a pass to visit the library without a teacher.
- Lunch passes are distributed in the Library beginning at 8:20am. No food or drink is allowed in the Library. Lunch passes will be given out on a first come first serve basis.
- Morning Passes are distributed in the main office beginning at 8:20am. Morning passes will be given out on a first come first serve basis.
Search the catalog to find out if WMS Library has books on a particular subject or search for the exact title. You can also change the settings to search the entire district (click on Advanced Search). It usually takes 2-3 days to receive books from another LISD campus.
- All School Rules, Expectations, and Standards of Behavior apply in the Library including the district’s Acceptable Use Policy.
- No food or beverages may be consumed in the library except water in a clear and capped water bottle.
- The library is not responsible for any lost, stolen, or misplaced personal items.
- Students and patrons are responsible for all materials they check out.
- The Library is a safe space for everybody. Use of abusive, indecent, profane/vulgar language, and offensive gestures or displays is prohibited. A student or patron may not harass, sexually harass, abuse, threaten, or fight with a person in the Library.
- A student or patron may not intentionally misuse library property, vandalize, steal, or recklessly and intentionally damage Library property or the property of another person.
- A student or patron may not unreasonably disrupt the normal use of the library.
- A student or patron may not enter an area that is not open to the public without permission such as: the Library classroom, storage area, Circulation Desk, and office area.
- All students and patrons are expected to properly put away all items and clean up after themselves in all areas of the Library.
- If a student or patron violates the Library expectations, the Librarian will ask the individual(s) to leave the library.