Dual Credit Enrollment
ACC Dual Credit Enrollment Checklist
Follow these steps to enroll in ACC courses as a dual credit student. Be sure to identify Dual Credit dates & deadlines.
- NEW STUDENTS: Must complete steps 1-4 one time only. After these steps are complete, students will be allowed to proceed to steps 5-7.
- RETURNING STUDENTS: Must complete steps 5-7 each semester to be eligible and enroll in classes.
Step 1: Apply Online
- Go to ACC's online application. click on the PURPLE "Apply Now" button, and create an Application Account (this is not your application), then proceed to the next steps found at the bottom of the page to start application.
- Complete and submit the online application - be sure to specify Dual Credit as the basis of admission from the drop down options. (If you do not have a SS#, see Mrs. Wood to be assigned an alternate number.)
- HINTS: Your "Primary reason" for attending is to "earn credits for transfer"; answer that "yes" you will transfer credits; and choose the North location.
- NOTE: Dual credit students do not need to submit a transcript or bacterial meningitis vaccination documentation.
Step 2: Activate your ACCeID and ACCmail (must wait 24 hours after applying)
- You should have received an email confirmation of your application submission, which included your ACCeID - SAVE THIS INFORMATION
- If you did not receive an email or ACCeID, continue below...
- Activate your ACCeID by going to the "Student" tab at the top of the page. Then click on the ACCeID link (found on the right hand side of the screen); follow the steps to Activate your ACCeID, establish password, and set security questions - SAVE THIS INFORMATION.
- Once you have obtained your ACCeID, click here to Activate your ACCmail; choose "Activation & Login Assistance" on the left and follow the steps to activate your ACCmail account.
Step 3: Complete Dual Credit Orientations
Austin Community College
- Using your ACCeID, you will need to complete the ACC On-line Orientation (link is not yet available)
Leander High School
- View the Dual Credit Orientation video located here.
- Print, review, and sign the Dual Credit Orientation Verification form located on that same page. Turn this in to Mrs. Wood (to her office or via email).
Step 4: Meet College Readiness Testing Requirements
- Determine if you need to take the TSI Assessment (see this page for qualified exemption scores). If it is determined you are exempt from testing, you may skip to Step 5. See Mrs. Wood if you need help determining your status.
- If you are not exempt with existing scores, you must complete the Pre-Assessment Activity (PAA) prior to taking the TSI Assessment. The PAA can be completed online here. (Sample of email confirmation)
- At the end of the PAA, submit the Certificate of Completion survey; confirmation will then be emailed to you.
- Once you have received the emailed Certificate of Completion for the TSI PAA submit this to Mrs. Wood - either directly to her office or via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Next, sign up for a TSI Assessment administration; do this by clicking here to register for the TSI Test. You will not be admitted to testing if you have not completed Steps 1-3 and the PAA.
Note: It is the student's responsibility to notify Mrs. Wood via email if you receive testing accommodations (for 504 and Special Education students); once approved to take ACC courses, you must work through the Student Accessibility Services (SAS) office at ACC to be approved for accommodations in the college courses.
New Dual Credit students cannot move on to Steps 5-7 until TSI is met.
Step 5: Obtain ACC College / High School Partnerships - Enrollment Form
- Meet with Mrs. Wood to obtain a 5-part Enrollment Form. This form must be completed in BLUE or BLACK ink and be signed by you, your parent, and Mrs. Wood before meeting with ACC Advisors.
- Turn the completed form in to Mrs. Wood.
Step 6: Meet with an ACC Advisor
- RETURNING STUDENTS: Although you aren't required to meet face to face with an advisor, your Enrollment Form must be signed and processed by an ACC Advisor before your hold is lifted and you're able to register.
- NEW STUDENTS: Attend an Orientation Session at LHS (Mrs. Wood will assign you an appointment time based on your schedule) or schedule an appointment online here at the Cypress Creek campus with Lauren Thomas, our ACC Enrollment Specialist.