How does taking the TSI Assessment help me?
- Taking the TSI can save you money. By scoring high enough on this test, you may be able to bypass developmental courses when you start college and go right into courses that apply to your degree.
- For prospective Dual Credit students, the TSI will allow you to take college-level courses while still in high school.
What if I fail the test?
- First of all, there is no "pass" or "fail". You either meet standard or you don't meet standard and are placed into Reading, Writing, and/or Math courses that match your skill level.
- The standards for each section can be found here.
- You may retest to attempt to meet the standard again---look for upcoming dates on the calendar and sign up through Naviance.
- Retesting takes place at ACC with a $5 fee for each section - Students can schedule a testing appointment online.
What does the test cost?
- Each student can test through LISD for free.
- You will have opportunities to retest at your campus---look for upcoming dates on the calendar and sign up through Naviance.
- To retest at Austin Community College in one or more sections, the cost is $5 for each section.
How long does the TSI Assessment take?
- The TSI Assessment is an untimed test - you have as long as you need.
- The average time to complete all three sections of the test is 3-5 hours.
What do I need to bring on the test day?
- All students must bring a photo ID to be admitted to test.
- All test materials will be provided (scratch paper, pencils, calculators are embedded in the test program); you may not bring your own calculator.
- Cell phones and devices that can access the internet are strictly prohibited. They must be turned off and stowed away.
- Drinks and snacks are allowed, which students may access during breaks.
When will I get my scores?
- The test is scored immediately upon completion and students are given an unofficial copy of scores for advising purposes and should keep a copy for reference.
How do I interpret my scores?
- Following completion of the test, you may see your counselor or Ms. Sabrsula to review your scores. You can also take your scores to the college of your choice for advising.
How can I send my TSI Assessment scores to the college I am attending?
- The college may accept scores in a sealed envelope, but most will require you to complete a consent/authorization for them to retrieve the scores electronically through the online Accuplacer system.
- Ms. Sabrsula submits scores for Dual Credit students directly to the Dual Credit office on behalf of students.
How do I Prepare for the TSI Assessment?
- Go to http://sites.austincc.edu/tsiprep/ and use the TSI Practice Tests and Reading, Writing, and Math Review
- Download the Free TSI Web App to your computer or smart phone device (you must click "add to cart" and "checkout")
- Read through the TSI Assessment and Exemptions on your College & Career Transition Coordinator's website.
What if I need to retest?
- All students are eligible for one FREE test through LISD---look for upcoming dates on the calendar and sign up through Naviance.
- Retesting takes place at ACC with a fee for each section - Students can schedule a testing appointment online.