GHE Counseling Mission Statement
The mission of the GHE counseling program is to provide a comprehensive, developmental counseling program addressing the academic, career and social/emotional development of all students. When working with the counselor, students will encounter a cheerful guide to help them develop the social/emotional skills necessary to be successful global citizens.
1. To help students develop necessary social/emotional skills to be productive, proactive, lifelong learners.
- IB Attitudes: Commitment, Confidence, Independence, Integrity
- IB Profiles: Reflective, Knowledgeable, Thinker, Inquirer
2. To give students the opportunity to explore college/career choices and start developing skills necessary to obtain those opportunities.
- IB Attitudes: Cooperation, Respect, Tolerance
- IB Profiles: Risk Taker, Inquirer, Principled, Communicator, Open Minded
3. To help students develop a healthy self-esteem, having the courage to do the right thing (integrity).
- IB Attitudes: Empathy, Respect
- IB Profiles: Tolerance, Principled, Caring