Lost and Stolen Student Laptop Procedures
Procedures for LOST/MISSING COMPUTERS( after more than 24 hours)
**If a student loses a computer it is their responsibility to either print, or get a copy of the MLISD Lost Computer Checklist (linked below).
- Student should print or get a copy of the MLISD Missing Checklist from Technology, the library or the front receptionist.
- Student will work the 7 steps on the checklist and fill out the form completely.
- Student will turn in the checklist to Campus Tech - Room A114.
- Campus Tech will research the missing computer via tracking software and notify teachers and update student and parents.
- If the laptop isn't found, the laptop will be marked lost in Destiny. A fine of 1/2 of the laptop's value will be assessed for the first loss. The second loss will incur the full value of the laptop.
- Upon payment of the fine, a replacement laptop will be issued
- Student's parent should notify email@example.com immediately.
- Tech will attempt to locate the laptop via tracking software. This software can only provide the last time the device attempted to get on a network or, if it is currently active.
- Tech will notify student's AP. Student will fill out a missing MLISD form.
- LISD Risk Management will be notified. Police reports will be necessary for stolen items.
- After paperwork has been processed - student will be reissued another computer
What happens to lost or stolen devices?
Campus and district staff will work to locate and retrieve lost or stolen devices that do attach to the LISD network. Devices that are stolen and have a police report will be replaced once at no additional cost to the student/family. Devices that are lost will be replaced the first time with a deductible of ½ of the replacement cost (approx $300). The second time a device is lost or stolen, students will be responsible for paying the full cost to replace the device. If the device is found during the same school year, the student will be refunded less damages.