Please read before seeking help - maybe you can solve the problem for yourself!!!
Basic Troubleshooting Steps - Lenovo Laptops
1st Step: Restart (if possible)
2nd Step: Have someone else login to see if the problem still exists - this will tell us if it is a computer issue or a user issue
Adding a Printer
Need to use Internet Explorer, not Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge (IE "upgrade")
Select the printer closest to you. You will recognize the names or room numbers. Library printers are LIBR and LIB2.
The computer will not power on - you've plugged it in and it is "DEAD".
- Disconnect and reconnect the 2 power adapter pieces
- Connect the power cable to the laptop in your classroom/house for 10 minutes
- Try to turn it on
- If not successful, then hold down the power button for 12 seconds
- Try to turn it on again
- If that does not work, then send the student to the Techsperts with a pass
If the computer powers on, but will not let user login, then…..
- Shut down the laptop completely (the red light on “Lenovo” should be gone)
- Turn on the laptop
- Verify that laptop is connected to LISD-WiFi
- Verify that laptop does not have Airplane Mode turned on
- Verify user is using their correct login name and password
- Verify that another user can not log into that computer (could be a user issue, and not a computer issue)
If the computer powers on, but it has some issues, then…..
- Shut down the device completely (the red light on “Lenovo” should be gone)
- Turn on the device
- If the same issue reappears, then send the student to the Techsperts.
Battery Issues: Laptop will not charge or power drains really fast
1. Login as yourself
2. Right-click on Windows icon
3. Click on Windows PowerShell (or Command Prompt)
4. Enter the following text: powercfg -batteryreport
5. Press Enter button
6. Open File Explorer (folder from taskbar)
7. Navigate to your U: Drive (first click on This PC)
8. Double-click on "batteryreport"
9. Have a TechSpert evaluate the results
a. Installed batteries
1. DESIGN CAPACITY should be around 34,400
2. FULL CHARGE CAPACITY should be over 12,000
Which Application is Draining Your Battery?
1. Login as yourself
2. Search for "battery"
3. Click on "See which apps are affecting your battery life"
4. For Time, select 1 Week
Top Row of Keyboard Does Not Work (volume, brightness)
Check to see if the Fn key has a green light, if so then
a. Hold down the Fn key and press the Esc key (top left corner)
b. Fn key should not have a green light now
c. Test the top row of keys now
Sound will Not Come Out of the Headphones
1. Log into laptop as yourself
2. Right-click on Sound icon (bottom right corner)
3. Play a song/video to verify sound comes out of computer
4. Plug in the headphone
5. Realtek HD Audio 2nd output should start displaying sound (on the bar)
6. Right-click on Realtek HD Audio 2nd output
7. Click on Set as Default Device
Not on list, then
a. Right-click in the white space
b. Click on Show Disabled Devices
c. Right-click on Realtek HD Audio 2nd output
d. Click on Enable
e. Right-click on Realtek HD Audio 2nd output
f. Click on Set as Default Device
8. Raise the volume on the keyboard
Where can I Install Software onto my Laptop?
You will only be able to install Leander ISD "approved" software from the Software Center:
1. Log into the laptop as yourself
2. Navigate to the Desktop
3. Launch Software Center
4. Search for the application that you need
5. Click on the application once
6. Click on Install icon (bottom right)
7. Wait patiently
8. Follow the on screen directions