The financial aid process can be quite daunting, especially for families who are navigating college for the first time. Studentaid.ed.gov is a very informative website that contains the most accurate, comprehensive, and up-to-date information regarding financial aid. Students and parents can browse the website for information, but we've also highlighted topics that are frequently asked about:
Grants & Scholarships
Free Tuition Based on Family Income
Angelo State - Blue & Gold Guarantee
Lamar University - Lamar Promise
Midwestern State University - Mustang Guarantee
Sam Houston State University - Bearkat Promise
Stephen F. Austin - Purple Promise
Tarleton State University - Texan Tuition Guarantee
Texas A&M - Aggie Assurance
Texas State - Bobcat Promise
Texas Tech University - Red Raider Guarantee
University of Houston - Cougar Promise
University of North Texas - Emerald Eagle Scholars
UT Dallas - Tuition Promise
UT San Antonio - UTSAccess Program
West Texas A&M - Buff Promise
- College for All Texans is one of the most comprehensive resources for students and parents. It includes links and information about preparing for, applying to, and paying for college or technical school.
- Try Mapping Your Future for financial aid, school searches, and career-planning information
- For lots of information on financial aid, try FinAid
- To create an auto-search for scholarships based on your qualifications, create a profile on Fastweb
- Get Schooled has college prep tools, college tour resources, and information about application essays for current high school students.
- And of course, use Naviance for college search tools, scholarship searches, and the ability to save information to your account.
Online Courses to Extend Learning
OnlineCourses.com is a free and comprehensive resource that is a collection of open college courses that spans videos, audio lectures, and notes given by professors at Harvard, Princeton and MIT. Online Courses offers highly relevant courses such as iPhone Application Development from Stanford.