SAT & ACT
SAT & ACT
The SAT and ACT are the required tests for college admissions. Students should take either test for the first time in the spring of their junior year. There is no limit to the amount of times a student can test, but here are some things to consider:
- Students should take either test for the first time in the spring of junior year.
- Students should test twice at a minimum. Regardless of the score on the first test, colleges want to see an attempt at improvement.
- Report scores prior to taking the test. Students can report scores to a college prior to completing (or even beginning) an application.
- Fee waivers are available for those who qualify. Check with your counselor for more details.
- Sign up for the writing portion on either test.
Take advantage of free online prep resources such as KhanAcademy.org/SAT
SAT and ACT 2017-18 Dates listed below.
How to register for SAT: www.collegeboard.org
How to register for ACT: www.actstudent.org