How do I submit an application?
You can begin filling out your college applications on August 1st of your senior year. Application deadlines vary, so make sure to check each school's website for specific info regarding deadlines.
You can use one of several different methods in order to complete an application:
- ApplyTexas.org - allows you to complete your personal info and upload your essays only one time, then you select the school(s) to which you want to apply. Please note: application requirements may vary by school, so find out school-specific info prior to applying. Also, an application fee is required for each school you are applying. Fee waivers are available - see info under the "SAT/ACT" tab. Check out the FAQ page prior to beginning your application in order to get some helpful tips that could save you time (and frustration).
- Commonapp.org - same concept as ApplyTexas but member schools are mainly out-of-state or private in-state.
- Individual applications - located on the school's website
What info will I need to submit in my application?
- Personal info - name, address, social security #, etc.
- Essays* - ApplyTexas has three to chose from, but essay requirements vary by school
- Application fees*
In addition to your application, you will need to submit the following info:
- High school transcript - request through Parchment
- SAT/ACT scores
- Dual Credit transcript - request through ACC online account
- Residency form*
- Supplemental information form*
- Letters of Recommendation*
I have submitted my applications - now what?
Schools generally send you login info for their student portal. This allows you to check the status of your application and whether you need to submit further info. Please be aware that sometimes there is a lag from the time you send info to the time they receive it into their system (even if you send something electronically).