Enrollment, Advising, Orientation
General Info - Before you begin, complete the Google Form below.
Complete the form below to identify yourself as a prospective Dual Credit student for the 2018-19 school year (including Summer of 2018). This will allow Mrs. Hexter to more efficiently track students through the process and ensure information is getting to you!
(*NOTE: Students will need to log in to their LISD Google/Email accounts in order to access the Interest Form.)
ACC DUAL CREDIT ENROLLMENT CHECKLIST
Follow these steps to enroll in ACC courses as a dual credit student. Be sure to verify important Dual Credit dates & deadlines.
- NEW STUDENTS: Must complete steps 1-4 one time only. After these steps are complete, students will be allowed to proceed to steps 5-7.
- RETURNING STUDENTS: Must complete steps 5-7 each semester to be eligible and enroll in classes.
STEP 1: APPLY ONLINE
- Go to ACC's online application and create an Application Account, then proceed to start application.
- Complete and submit the online application - be sure to specify Dual Credit as the basis of admission from the drop-down options. (If you do not have a SS#, see Mrs. Hexter to be assigned an alternate number.)
- NOTES: Your "Primary reason" for attending is to "earn credits for transfer"; answer that "Yes" you will transfer credits; and choose the North location. Dual credit students do not need to submit a transcript or bacterial meningitis vaccination documentation.
STEP 2: ACTIVATE YOUR ACCeID & ACCMAIL
Available 24 hrs after applying
- Within a day of submitting your application, you should receive an email confirmation which includes your ACCeID - SAVE THIS INFORMATION.
- Activate your ACCeID by going to austincc.edu and click on the ACCeID link at the top of the page; follow the steps to Activate ACCeID, establish password, and set security questions - SAVE THIS INFORMATION.
- Once you have obtained your ACCeID, go to austincc.edu and click on ACCmail at the top of the page; choose "Activation & Login Assistance" on the left and follow the steps to activate your ACCmail account.
STEP 3: COMPLETE CPHS DUAL CREDIT ORIENTATION
- View the Dual Credit Orientation video.
- Print, review, and sign the Dual Credit Orientation Verification form. Turn a hard copy in to Mrs. Hexter (or admin asst Erika Garza).
STEP 4: MEET COLLEGE READINESS TESTING REQUIREMENTS
- Determine if you need to take the TSI Assessment (see this page for qualified exemption scores). If it is determined you are exempt from testing, you may skip to Step 5. See Mrs. Hexter or your alpha counselor if you need help determining your status.
- If you are not exempt with existing scores, you must complete the Pre-Assessment Activity (PAA) prior to taking the TSI Assessment. The PAA can be completed online here.
- At the end of the PAA, submit the Certificate of Completion survey; confirmation will then be emailed to you.
- Once you have received the emailed Certificate of Completion for the TSI PAA, upload a screenshot of your email via the TSI PAA Completion Form. (Sample of email confirmation)
Next, sign up for a TSI Assessment administration at CPHS (for free) or for a fee at ACC Cypress Creek Campus.
New dual credit students cannot move on to Steps 5-7 until TSI is met.
STEP 5: ACC COLLEGE/HIGH SCHOOL PARTNERSHIPS - ENROLLMENT FORM
- Meet with Mrs. Hexter to obtain a 5-part Enrollment Form. This form must be completed in BLUE or BLACK ink and be signed by you, your parent, and Mrs. Hexter before it can be processed by ACC.
- Turn the completed form in to Mrs. Hexter.
STEP 6: MEET WITH AN ACC ADVISOR
- RETURNING STUDENTS: Although you aren't required to meet face to face with an advisor, your Enrollment Form must be signed and processed by an ACC Advisor before your hold is lifted and you're able to register.
- NEW STUDENTS: Attend an Orientation Session at CPHS (Mrs. Hexter will assign you an appointment time based on your schedule) or at the ACC Cypress Creek campus with Lauren Thomas, our ACC Enrollment Specialist.
STEP 7: REGISTER in your specific classes online
- Plan the specific courses you wish to register for using ACC’s online Self-Service Student Planning tool. This tool is explained during advising sessions.
- The Self-Service planning and scheduling tool is explained during advising sessions held at CPHS, or you can find detailed information here
You are not enrolled in an ACC class until you complete this step.
If you have ACC on your Cedar Park High School schedule but haven't completed this step, you are still not in an ACC class!