Timeline of the black plague
- 1338-39 the plague is noted to begin in Asia.
- 1347 plague spreads to Constantinople.
- Oct 1347 plague arrives in Sicily on a ship from the east.
- Dec 1347 plague hits Venice.
- Early 1348 the plague spreads through the trade system. Very rapidly through North Africa, Syria, Egypt, Greece, Spain, France, and Palestine
- Few months later 1348 the plague is found in Avignon, France where the pope lives
- Late 1348 plague found in southern England
- late 1349 plague found in Scotland and Ireland
- 1351 pope's reps estimate 23,840,000 casualties to the plague 32% of Europe's population dead
- 1352 plague hits Moscow and Kiev
- 1664 great London plague 70,000 dead
- Mid 1800's plague found in inland china
- 1894 plague found in Hong Kong, moves to India where it kills 1,000,000 people approximately in the next 20 years.