Mathematics & English Departments
This will be Mrs. Yi's eleventh year in Loudoun County Public Schools, and she will be teaching AP Literature & Composition and Algebra II. Mrs. Yi will also be working as a Personalized Learning & PBL Instructional Coach this year, helping other Heritage HS teachers to refine their skills.
She is originally from Rustburg, Virginia (a tiny town outside of Lynchburg VA), where she graduated from Rustburg High School. Mrs. Yi earned her Bachelor's of Science degrees from James Madison University. She majored in mathematics and English with minors in Secondary Education and Writing & Rhetoric. While at JMU, Mrs. Yi helped to organize the Content Teaching Academy, the Student Leadership Summit, the O.N.E Leadership Conference, and the Shenandoah Undergraduate Mathematics & Statistics Conference. She presented at the General Education Student Conference, and participated in the Summer Academic Enrichment Program and CSM Diversity-Enrichment Discussion. Mrs. Yi earned her Masters of Arts in Teaching (Secondary Education) degree from James Madison University also.
Mrs. Yi spends some of her free time swing dancing. While an undergraduate student at James Madison University, she served as president of the Swing Dance Club for two years. She started teaching dance at JMU and now travels nationwide as an instructor. She has taught throughout Virginia (VA Beach, Blacksburg, Harrisonburg, etc.), and has traveled as far as California (Sacramento & San Francisco) to teach. Along with teaching across the country, she travels to exchanges far and wide. Her favorite exchange, however, is the DC Lindy Exchange. Mrs. Yi is often invited to swing dance exchanges as a guest DJ. The most exciting exchange Mrs. Yi has ever DJed at was the Vegas Lindy Exchange.
- If I’m absent, I should check the "We Missed You" binder in Mrs. Yi's classroom or email her.
- Resources for the class are included in the course website (linked above).
- This teacher uses: Google Sites (linked above)
- If I need help, I should email Mrs. Yi or talk with her before/after/during class to set up a meeting time. Math Lab is also available before school and during all study hall blocks.
- Students will need their school-issued laptop daily in class. Extra devices are not provided by HHS. Students should bring their device and charger to class. Apps/websites used in class are listed on the course website (linked above).
- Parents can access the syllabus, homework calendar, class handouts, and resources by navigating to the course website (linked above).