Ms. Jordan - English & Seminar
After receiving degrees in both English and Psychology from Montana State University, Ms. Jordan fulfilled her student teaching obligations in Ireland and finally settled in Loudoun County. In the Fall of 2003, Ms. Jordan completed her Master's degree in Curriculum and Instruction with an emphasis in Informational Technology. Additionally, she has also finished her coursework for certification in English as a Second Language.
Ms. Jordan has been teaching in the Loudoun County school system for twenty years. She has taught freshman, juniors, and seniors at the academic, honors, and Advanced Placement levels. She believes that it is imperative to the future of students and of education itself that students are offered a broad array of educational opportunities, in order to both enrich their lives and provide for academic success. Moreover, the acceptance of innovative and diverse approaches to instruction and learning has personally inspired her to become more creative in her teaching practices.
Academic English 11 Syllabus
AP Language Syllabus
AP Seminar Syllabus
- If I’m absent I should check the class discussion feed on the Google Classroom corresponding with my class
- Resources for the class - paper, binder, dividers (5), and highlighters
- This teacher uses: Google Classroom: (2nd code - 84yu8wk) (3rd code - ktikmh) (4th code - 85s93p) (5th code - p1c1vi) (7th code: zhccjir)
- Where can I go if I need help in this class? The RWC or email Ms. Jordan
- Technology Used in the class: Membean, Commonlit, Newsela, AP Dashboard, NoRedInk, Turnitin, Socrative
- Students will need their cell phones in class on occasion
- Parents can join classes by using the above codes to see Google classrooms