Welcome to 5th Grade
Welcome to 5th Grade! We are honored to have your child be part of our team. Fifth grade is an exciting and challenging year!
This year your child will have a homeroom teacher and will also switch classes to other teachers.
We are excited about the opportunity to teach your child and look forward to working with you throughout the school year!
If you need to contact us, you may do so by calling us, sending an email, or writing a note in your child's agenda.
#WeBelieve #OneTeam #OneDream
Mr. Bono 540-967-0492 ext. 3102
Mr. Verbos 540-967-0492 ext. 3117
Ms. Dalton 540-967-0492 ext. 3109
Mrs. Dittman 540-967-0492 ext. 3120
Mrs. Williams 540-967-0492 ext. 3134
Ms. Vesely 540-967-0492 ext. 3122
Patriot folders will go home on Tuesdays and Thursdays every week. Please be sure to check the folder, empty it, and return it the following day.
PTA is a very important and fundamental part of our school. Your membership will enable the students of TJES to enjoy many amazing activities throughout the year. The PTA supports the classroom and your child throughout the entire school year! As a team, we are encouraging you to support the PTA!
Our school earns money every time you send in box tops. Please collect them and send them in to school. The class with the most box tops turned in at the end of the nine-weeks gets a reward!
Important Information about Money
Please read the LCPS policy regarding the handling of money carefully.
- Any money sent to school must be the exact amount. Teachers and office staff are not permitted to make change for students for any reason. This includes field trips, replacement agendas, ice cream and any other money sent to school. If the exact amount is not sent, it will be returned.
- Please send money in an envelope labeled with your child's name and teacher.
- Please do not allow your child to bring and carry extra money. Thomas Jefferson and its staff are not responsible if it is lost or taken.
Absences and Make Up Work
If your child is absent from school, please send a note when he/she returns explaining the absence. Without a note, the absence will be marked unexcused. Missed work should be returned within 3 days of your child returning to school. If you know ahead of time that your child will be absent for an extended period of time, such as a vacation, please communicate this to your child's teachers as soon as possible.
Other Important Information:
- Please send your child dressed for the weather. We make every attempt to have outdoor recess daily.
- Your child is allowed to bring a water bottle to school with him/her. Please ensure it has his/her name on it. Please do not send students with soda.
- Students are allowed to bring a small, nutritious snack. Please do not send gum or flavored drink mixes with your child to school.
- We will be offering ice cream for sale weekly. The cost will be seventy five cents. Ice cream can be purchased each Friday and will be delivered to your child on Monday. Please send exact change.