Meet the A.D.
My name is George A. Stanley II, referred to by many as "Coach Stanley." I have served as the Louisa County High School A.D. since 2014 and Assistant A.D. from 2011-2014. I was a special education teacher in LCHS from 2007-2014 and we have an amazing team that is here to support you and your young adults. Athletics is something that I took very seriously as a young man, growing up in Montclair, NJ. I was blessed with the opportunity to earn a football scholarship at the University of Virginia, where I lettered as a defensive lineman from 1998-2001. The hard work and dedication necessary to survive as a collegiate student-athlete has helped me tremendously over the years. I am a firm believer that nothing in life is free and if you want something, you have to earn it the right way.
Take a look at my profile and see what I have been up to over the last few years:
- 1998 Began a 4 year career as a student-athlete at the University of Virginia.
- 2002 Earned Bachelors of Arts degree from UVa.
- 2003 Earned Master of Education degree from UVa's Curry School.
- 05-06 Taught and coached at Albemarle County High School.
- 2007 Began teaching and coaching at LCHS.
- 2010 Earned Special Education endorsement from Virginia Commonwealth University.
- 2011 Named Assistant Director of Athletics at LCHS.
- 2013 Earned Administration & Supervision Endorsement from Arkansas State University.
- 2014 Named Director of Athletics at LCHS.
Words cannot express how proud I am of my coaching staff in Louisa County. They are great leaders and work diligently to get the job done on a daily basis. Having their support is a driving force that I use each day to get better. Coupling these coaches with the student-athletes here in the County makes my job the best in the state of Virginia. Helping people is the name of the game and we are here to support!!
In my spare time, I enjoy landscaping, working around the house and working out as much as possible. Spending time with my family is my greatest pastime. I am happily married to the greatest person in the world and her support is nothing short of awesome!! Please enjoy these small pieces of my life and remember that in life, no matter what, you have to #RISEUP to any occasion!!