Eligibility Requirements for VHSL Teams
- All 9th grade students are eligible to participate in an activity/sport when they 1st enroll at LCHS, as long as they are a full time student, taking at least 3 classes in that semester. If a 9th grade student enrolls at LCHS after 1st enrolling at another school, they need to contact the LCHS A.D. immediately to determine eligibility.
- For students in 10th, 11th or 12th grade, you must successfully pass at least 3 classes from the previous semester in order to be eligible to participate in the current season.
- In order to be able to participate in the fall season, you must have been enrolled in at least 3 classes in the prior spring semester and have passed those 3 classes. If you only pass 2 of those classes, you will not be eligible to participate in the fall season.
- In order to participate in a winter sport, you must have been enrolled in at least 3 classes in the fall semester and have passed at least 3 classes in the fall semester.
- Keep in mind that the fall semester ends after the start of winter sports tryouts. If a student successfully passes 3 classes from the spring semester, they can tryout for winter sports because the tryouts begin during the fall semester...HOWEVER, if the same student does not successfully pass at least 3 classes from the fall semester, they will not be eligible to continue playing a winter sport after the start of the winter semester.
- In order to participate in a spring sport, you had to be enrolled in at least 3 classes during the fall semester and successfully pass 3 classes.
- If you are a student with 2 periods of early release during a semester, you will be ineligible to play during the current semester and also the following semester (because you were not enrolled in/passed 3 classes in the semester).
- All students interested in playing sports needs to be sure they do not have 2 periods of early release in a semester.
- YOU CANNOT HAVE EARLY RELEASE DURING THE SEASON THAT YOU ARE PLAYING A SPORT!!
If you have any questions or concerns regarding eligibility please contact the Athletics Office at 540-894-5436.