CONTEMPORARY ISSUES in Biblical COunseLing
ONLINE TRAINING WITH 6 LIVE DISCUSSIONS
20 Topics At-your-own pace
6 Live Practicums (onsite or simulcast - begins Feb 6)
Certified by A.C.B.C. / I.A.B.C.
Whether online or onsite, this course gives you an interactive approach to learning biblical counseling in twenty different topics impacting contemporary culture: Self-Injury, Crisis Counseling, ADHD, Divorce, Self-Esteem, Sexual Temptation, Internet Addiction, Suicide, Making Wise Decisions, Bipolar, Sexual Abuse, Major Marital Conflict, Parenting Teens, and more.
We have added six, optional live class discussions called practicums that allows you to interact with two counselors and, when possible, an actual counselee whose life was changed. Whether you are a returning student or a new student, your life and counseling will be profoundly impacted and practically equipped. If you are an individual needing help in one of these topics, sign up for just that topic and let God's Word inspire and instruct you in Christ's wisdom and power.
2 Timothy 2:7 promises that as we deeply consider the Word of God, God will give us life-changing insight. This new interactive learning strategy increases opportunity to gain more insights and skills whether you are a Track 4 alumni or new student! Sign up today and immediately begin PREPARING for PRACTICUM!
6 CLASS Practicums
These practicums are not required but are strongly encouraged for those seeking to be more fully equipped. Participate live at LCBCC or live on the internet.
SCHEDULE & TOPICS
(For a description of each topic CLICK HERE)
Practicum 1 - February 6, 6:30-8:30pm - KICKOFF
Practicum 3 - Tuesday, February 20, 6:30-8:30pm
Practicum 5 - Tuesday, March 6, 6:30-8:30pm
Those Who Register for Entire Course Will Study Other Topics (at-their-own pace)
Includes 350-Page Counseling Manual & Access to Over 24 Online School Instruction Videos
- UPROOTING IDOLS OF THE HEART
- DEALING WITH RESISTANCE TO CHANGE
- PARENTING TEENS
- SELF-ESTEEM VS. CONFIDENCE IN CHRIST
- WISDOM OF HUMILITY & FOOLISHNESS OF PRIDE
- HOPE FOR THE SUICIDAL
- COUNSELING THE EXCUSE MAKER
- HELPING THE CO-DEPENDENT TRUST GOD
WHAT TO EXPECT AT THE PRACTICUMS
You will watch the instructional videos on your own. (View these online or schedule a time to come into the center to view.) Then, you will participate in the scheduled class discussions. We will discuss practical strategies in implementing the material and homework in life and ministry.
- A brief dynamic overview is given isolating the 5-10 fundamental concepts to master
- A real-to-life case is discussed based on an LCBCC counselor's case history. When possible, the actual person whose life was changed will be present for the class to interview and gain counseling insights.
- (Optional) Student's share with the class their "Prepare for Practicum" assignments. The instructors interact with the students on how to best counsel and how to effectively assign homework that helps promote spiritual insights and change.
All class instruction and discussions are led by LCBCC executive director, Tim Bryant, and joined by an LCBCC counselor who holds certification in the Association of Certified Biblical Counselors with a masters or doctorate in biblical counseling.
- Track 1: Change That Sticks
- Track 2: Transformed by Truth
- Track 3: Marriage & Family Counseling
- Track 4: Contemporary Issues.
- ACBC Exam Class (i.e. Essentials of Biblical Counseling)
Each track includes 24 in-depth sessions covering a wide-range of topics essential to biblical discipleship, counseling & change. Each course provides students with a 200 plus page manual, complete with outlines, reading lists, resources and counseling assignments. This training is certified by the Association of Certified Biblical Counselors and the International Association of Biblical Counselors and can be used to pursue certification with these organizations. Our training material is used for those seeking certification, as well as for those wanting to improve their ability to help others biblically or wanting biblical answers for their own problems.