CONTEMPORARY ISSUES in Biblical COunseLing
ONLINE TRAINING WITH 6 LIVE DISCUSSIONS
RECEIVE INSTRUCTION at-your-own pace through online videos
DISCUSS APPLICATION in class or simulcast - begins Feb 6
Certified by A.C.B.C. / I.A.B.C.
Whether online or onsite, this course gives you an interactive approach to learning biblical counseling in twenty different topics impacting contemporary culture: Self-Injury, Crisis Counseling, ADHD, Divorce, Self-Esteem, Sexual Temptation, Internet Addiction, Suicide, Making Wise Decisions, Bipolar, Sexual Abuse, Major Marital Conflict, Parenting Teens, and more.
We have added six, optional live class discussions called practicums that allows you to interact with two counselors and, when possible, an actual counselee whose life was changed. Whether you are a returning student or a new student, your life and counseling will be profoundly impacted and practically equipped. If you are an individual needing help in one of these topics, sign up for just that topic and let God's Word inspire and instruct you in Christ's wisdom and power.
2 Timothy 2:7 promises that as we deeply consider the Word of God, God will give us life-changing insight. This new interactive learning strategy increases opportunity to gain more insights and skills whether you are a Track 4 alumni or new student! Sign up today and immediately begin PREPARING for PRACTICUM!
To Register Click Below
Questions? Contact the Lowcountry Biblical Counseling Center: email us or call (843)278-0072
6 CLASS Practicums
These practicums are not required but are strongly encouraged for those seeking to be more fully equipped.
Participate live at LCBCC or live on the internet
WHAT TO EXPECT
You will watch the instructional videos on your own. (View these online or schedule a time to come into the center to view.) Then, you will participate in the scheduled class discussions. We will discuss practical strategies in implementing the material and homework covered in life and ministry.
- a brief dynamic overview is given isolating the 5-10 fundamental concepts to master
- A real-to-life case is discussed based on an LCBCC counselor's case history. When possible, the actual person whose life was changed will be present for the class to interview and gain counseling insights.
- (Optional) Student's share with the class their "Prepare for Practicum" assignments. The instructors interact with the students on how to best counsel and how to effectively assign homework that helps promote spiritual insights and change.
All class instruction and discussions are led by LCBCC executive director, Tim Bryant, and joined by an LCBCC counselor who holds certification in the Association of Certified Biblical Counselors with a masters or doctorate in biblical counseling.
SCHEDULE & TOPICS
(For a description of each topic CLICK HERE)
1. Tuesday, February 6, 6:30-8:30pm
- THE UNIQUENESS OF BIBLICAL COUNSELING & CHANGE
- MAJOR MARITAL CONFLICT - DOMESTIC ABUSE
2. Tuesday, February 13, 6:30-8:30pm
- DEALING WITH INTERNET ADDICTION
- COUNSELING THE SEXUALLY TEMPTED
- MINISTERING TO SAME-SEX ATTRACTION
3. Tuesday, February 20, 6:30-8:30pm
- COUNSELING SELF-INJURY
- HOPE FOR THE ABUSED
4. Tuesday, February 27, 6:30-8:30pm
- CRISIS COUNSELING
- MAKING WISE DECISIONS
5. Tuesday, March 6, 6:30-8:30pm
- BIBLICAL PERSPECTIVES ON DIVORCE
- BEYOND DIVORCE RECOVERY
6. Tuesday, March 13, 6:30-8:30pm
- HELP FOR ADHD
- COUNSELING BIPOLAR BIBLICALLY
Other Topics (at-your-own pace)
- UPROOTING IDOLS OF THE HEART
- DEALING WITH RESISTANCE TO CHANGE
- PARENTING TEENS
- SELF-ESTEEM VS. CONFIDENCE IN CHRIST
- WISDOM OF HUMILITY & FOOLISHNESS OF PRIDE
- HOPE FOR THE SUICIDAL
- COUNSELING THE EXCUSE MAKER
- HELPING THE CO-DEPENDENT TRUST GOD