Data Benchmarking Workshop
July 25-26, 2017
This 2-day, cross-facility workshop is aimed at discussing and gathering requirements for data-intensive science benchmarks and has the following objectives:
• Review the status of Data Benchmarking efforts across various federal agencies
• Review the rationale and current design of Data Benchmarks at various DOE facilities
• Discuss overall principles for designing a Data Benchmarking suite
• Discuss specific objectives and plans for benchmarks in analytics, parallel I/O, and workflows
• Synthesize information from workshop sessions and make a recommendation on the structure for an overall benchmark suite
Who's Sponsoring the Event?
This event is sponsored by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, and Argonne National Laboratory.
Who Should Attend?
Attendees will learn about the state of data benchmarking at DOE labs and NSF centers, industry efforts in this area, and perspectives from application scientists. Attendees should expect to participate in working groups to recommend future actions in the data benchmarking area.