Advanced Light Source
Scientific Advisory Committee Meeting
September 26-27, 2017
The ALS Scientific Advisory Committee is asked to consider the following topics and provide feedback on the proposed course of action, identify additional issues that should be considered, and offer relevant comments and recommendations:
· ALS program in relation to the evolving US and world landscape of x-ray facilities
· Breakout sessions with ALS staff
· ALS effort in advanced computing
· PSP recommendations on Approved Programs
· Evolving plans for the ALS upgrade, in particular, the process for deciding on new and upgraded experimental systems constructed inside the ALS-U budget.
Additionally, comments and recommendations are welcome on any other important topics identified during the SAC meeting.