Advanced Light Source
Charge to the Scientific Advisory Committee
September 27-28, 2018
The ALS Scientific Advisory Committee is asked to consider the following topics and provide feedback on the proposed course of action, identify additional issues that should be considered, and offer relevant comments and recommendations.
- ALS program in relation to the evolving US and world landscape of x-ray facilities
- Recommendations in regard to ALS-U’s path towards CD-2
- Beamline selection, proposed project beamlines
- ALS-U beamline scenarios and evolving ALS beamline landscape
- Guidance on the new Photon Science group structure and the ALS Science Thrusts
- Evolving org chart and ALS strategic planning
- Staff feedback from breakouts
- Evaluation of Photon Science Program Priorities (APXPS, Dichroism, Computing)
Additionally, comments and recommendations are welcome on any other important topics identified by the Committee.