Lawton High School
Lawton High School Library-Media Center Mission Statement:
The Lawton High School Library-Media Program promotes literacy and research; supports the LHS and LPS curriculum; provides technical support to staff and faculty; and encourages collaboration with teachers to ensure that all students and staff are effective users of ideas and information; and students are empowered to be critical thinkers, enthusiastic readers, skillful researchers, as well as ethical users of information in both print and digital formats.
1. The Library Book Club's next meeting is Friday, February 15, 8th Hour. All are welcome! We'll discuss Artemis Fowl and pick up our new book The Tattooist of Auschwitz.
2. Enter the We're Doing Fine: Lawton High School, Oklahoma cellphone photography contest. Come by the library for a submission form and details.
3. Thank you to the Class of 2017 for a generous donation for new books. Come and check them out!
4. Thank you to Arvest Bank for the files for book storage and to LTC Daniels and his JROTC students for moving and setting them up! We appreciate you!
5. Thank you to the LPS Foundation for the grant to help build our "Oklahoma: A Read State" collection. It's growing! Come and check out the new books, videos, and periodicals.
Read, Research, & Work in the Library on School Days
ACCEPTABLE USE OF TECHNOLOGY POLICY AND AGREEMENT
The Lawton Public School district requires all students and staff to complete and sign an Acceptable Use of Technology Policy and Agreement form each school year before given access to the internet. Forms are available in the library. Please initial in the places indicated. Thank you!